If you are looking for a new opportunity to gain experience in a Neurological environment, or you're a graduate looking for your first role, you can join the team at our site The Bridge based in Middlesbrough and be part of meaningful change to people in our care.
You'll be equipped with the knowledge and practical skills to have the confidence to join the team, where you will be valued and supported, with continuous career development opportunities available to help you achieve your career aspirations.
As a Therapy Assistant, you will contribute to the assessment, monitoring, evaluation, and modification of structured activities to measure progression and ensure effectiveness.
Being a Therapy Assistant at The Bridge is a career that you can take pride in. It's what delivering great healthcare should feel like.
As a Therapy Assistant your responsibilities will include:
- Provide effective and accurate clinical entries and outcomes of activities using an electronic patient database system
- Develop patients' programmes as informed by individual patient's needs
- Assist the occupational therapy team
- Participate in monthly clinical supervision with a Registered Therapist
- Assist Registered Therapists, Nurses and other MDT staff in the assessment, planning, implementation, and evaluation of individual care plan.
- Provide technical support and instruction to patients engaging in creative and vocational activities as therapeutic interventions
Where you will be working
The Bridge provides specialist inpatient neurological rehabilitation and complex care for people with neurological illnesses, acquired brain and spinal cord injuries.
Extensive facilities cater for the specific needs of people aged over 18 years who have complex neurological care and rehabilitation requirements. Our clinical teams lead and innovate to deliver truly person-centred services where each individual is at the heart of everything.
The Bridge offers a full inter disciplinary team to support and enable residents to undergo reviews of their specific and/or changing needs and work towards targeted and monitored goals utilising nationally recognised outcome measures. As a care centre, this service is a home from home offering ensuite accommodation and spacious communal areas with dedicated therapy spaces.
To be successful in this role, you will need:
- The ability to work with a range of individuals living with long term neurological conditions
- Previous relevant experience
- Any other specific skills which can be utilised in this setting: Art & Craft, Horticulture, Cooking, Music
- Previous experience in organising/facilitating social events and activities
- Any relevant certificates i.e., NVQ courses and skills that would enhance the delivery and diversity of therapeutic activities
- Strong knowledge of best practices within a similar setting
What you will get:
- Annual salary of £21,080 + Benefits
- The equivalent of 33 days annual leave (including bank holidays) - plus your birthday off!
- Free parking
- Wellbeing support and activities
- Career development and training
- Pension contribution
- Life Assurance
- Enhanced Maternity Package
- Flexible working opportunities
- There are also a range of other benefits including retail discounts and special offers and much more.
About your next employer
You will be working for an established, stable and agile company with over 8,000 employees and a unique approach to the delivery of care. With a network of over 90 services across England and Wales covering Mental Health, Neurological, Learning Disabilities & Autism, Children & Education, there is opportunity for you to grow and move.
Elysium Healthcare is part of Ramsay Health Care with a global network that extends across 10 countries and employs over 86,000 people globally.
The safety of our service users and colleagues is our priority and as such we encourage and support vaccination uptake as this remains the best line of defence against COVID-19.
Elysium Healthcare follows safer recruitment of staff for all appointments. It is a requirement that all staff understand it is each person's individual responsibility and are committed to promoting and safeguarding the welfare of service users. Candidates will be subject to an Enhanced DBS disclosure.