We are seeking a Level I Help Desk Technician to provide onsite support to our client, a large local financial institution, for a contract to hire position. This position would ensure proper computer operation so that end users can accomplish business tasks. This includes receiving, prioritizing, documenting and actively resolving end user help requests and escalating incidents when considered appropriate and necessary to maintain SLA expectations. Problem resolution may involve the use of diagnostic and help request tracking tools, as well as require that the individual give in-person, hands-on help at the desktop level.
Strategy & Planning
· Evaluate documented resolutions and analyze trends for ways to prevent future problems.· Alert management to emerging trends in incidents.
Acquisition & Deployment
· Assist in software releases and roll-outs and communication to the end users.
· Field incoming requests to the Help Desk via both telephone and e-mail to ensure courteous, timely and effective resolution of end user issues.
· Document all pertinent end user identification information, including name, department, contact information and nature of problem or issue.
· Prioritize and schedule problems. Escalate problem (when required) to the appropriately experienced technician.
· Record, track and document the Help Desk request problem-solving process, including all successful and unsuccessful decisions made, and actions taken, through to final resolution.
· Access software updates, drivers, knowledge bases, and FAQ resources on the Internet/Intranet to aid in problem resolution.
· Identify and learn appropriate software and hardware used and supported by the organization.
· Perform hands-on fixes at the desktop level, including installing and upgrading software, installing hardware, implementing file backups, and configuring systems and applications.
· Install anti-virus software and ensure virus definitions are up-to-date.
· Perform preventative maintenance, including checking and cleaning of workstations, printers, and peripherals.
· Reinforce SLAs to manage end-user expectations.
· Obeys all applicable federal laws, rules, and regulations relating to Anti-Money Laundering (AML) including the Bank Secrecy Act (BSA)
Minimum Required Skills and Competencies:
Knowledge & Experience
· Knowledge of basic computer hardware.
· Experience with desktop operating systems, including Windows 7 and Windows 10
· Extensive application experience with MS Office products
· Good written and oral communication skills, interpersonal skills, listening and questioning skills.
· Strong documentation skills.
· Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
· Ability to conduct research into a wide range of computing issues as required.
· Exceptional customer service skills and problem-solving abilities.
· Ability to absorb and retain information quickly.
· Ability to present ideas in user-friendly language.
· Highly self-motivated and directed.
· Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
· Sitting for extended periods of time.
· Lifting and transporting of moderately heavy objects, such as computers and peripherals.
At ESI, the IT Staffing & Recruitment Team partners with IT candidates to understand their career goals, to identify skill sets and interests, and to place each candidate in a position that aligns with their specific goals.
Electronic Systems, Inc. is a premier supplier and service provider of comprehensive office technology. We are committed to providing remarkable innovative solutions to our customers and for our employees, extensive training and development. We are passionate about building a team of highly qualified, customer focused individuals who contribute enthusiastically to our corporate culture and our company's success. With the competitive salary and benefits offered at ESI you build more than a career, you can build a future.
ESI is an Equal Opportunity/AA Employer M/F/D/V, and maintains a drug-free workplace.
Electronic Systems is a tobacco- and smoke-free work environment.
Role: Help Desk
Location: Virginia Beach,
Apply for this job now.