We are interviewing for a part- or full-time Sustainability Consultant/Project Manager at our Denver location. Candidates should have at least 4 years of experience in sustainability consulting or a related sustainability field, some of which should include the generation of new business opportunities. Candidates should have a LEED Green Associate accreditation or similar at a minimum, and additional specific accreditations/certifications in specialized sustainability fields are preferred.
Spirit's sustainability team is growing, and we are looking to add a consultant/project manager to our collaborative and forward-thinking office culture! Interested candidates should have experience with general sustainability certifications and/or reporting and some expertise and experience in specific components of sustainability (e.g. carbon accounting, life-cycle analysis, regenerative design, waste value capture, ecosystem services, etc.). In addition, as a growing program, the ability to generate revenue and bring in work is highly desired. We strongly encourage potential candidates to apply if they feel confident that they could be successful in the role despite not meeting all criteria listed below.
The selected candidate will be responsible for supporting/managing a variety of sustainability projects, including but not limited to the following:
- LEED certification of buildings, neighborhoods, and cities;
- Sustainability plans for municipal, commercial, and industrial clients;
- Scenario analysis and development of specific sustainability strategies over defined planning horizons;
- On site identification of sustainability opportunities and gaps; and
- Incentives and grant research; and
- Regulatory applicability analyses, to include state, local, and federal regulations.
Additional responsibilities may include:
- Facilitation of stakeholder groups to gather specific input related to sustainability strategies and outcomes;
- Proposal writing, formatting, and design support;
- Managing projects and team members as well as scope, schedule, and budget.
Spirit is a dynamic and entrepreneurial consulting firm. We are looking for new team members who have demonstrated technical excellence along with exceptional problem-solving abilities, communication and interpersonal skills. Essential skills for this position include the following:
- Analytical ability and problem solving;
- Effective time management;
- Effective written and verbal communication;
- Social skills and professionalism necessary to establish and maintain long-term working relationships with clients and co-workers;
- Fundamental math and science competencies (e.g. unit conversions, use of formulas, data evaluation);
- Facilitation and engagement skills with diverse stakeholders
- Subject matter expertise (or the foundational knowledge to develop) in one or more sustainability topics
- Ability to generate, qualify and pursue business leads
- Proficiency with MS Office suite (e.g. Word/Excel/Outlook/SharePoint) and time/expense tracking software; and
- Understanding of software and tools applicable to your expertise (e.g. LCA tools, ArcGIS, relevant GHG protocols).
- B.S. or above in Environmental Science, Public Policy, Planning, Engineering, or related discipline.
- Minimum 4 years of experience in sustainability consulting, or a related sustainability field
- Proven project management experience.
- Demonstrated success in developing new project opportunities and successfully networking with potential clients and partners.
- Effective personal time management skills with multiple projects.
- A high level of professional ethics.
- Social skills and professionalism necessary to establish and maintain long-term working relationships with clients and co-workers.
- This role may require field work that can include climbing staircases, walking or working on uneven surfaces, and the ability to lift light loads.
- Limited travel (under 10%)
Per Colorado Pay Transparency Requirements (CEPA):
This role is a salaried position with a typical range of $60,000 - $90,000 annually. Spirit bases all pay determinations on experience, skills and performance.
Spirit offers outstanding full-time employee benefits. Noteworthy benefits include opportunities for semi-annual bonuses; automatic company contributions to employee 401(k) accounts; and 100% payment of all employee medical, dental, and vision insurance premiums, as well as 50% payment of dependent premiums. Our PTO policy is outstanding, and we provide all of our employees with the opportunity to participate in our cellphone plan, Wellness Program, Humanitarian Program and much more.
If this opportunity inspires you and our Core Values resonate with you, then apply today!
Spirit Environmental is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Spirit does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.