UNIT: FAMILY ENGAGEMENT SERVICES
The Family Coordinator I is responsible for making initial contact with families to make assessments, engage them in preparing for a family conference for the purpose of goal planning, and gaining proficiency with the Organizations programs. The Family Coordinator I cooperates with families, service providers and community stakeholders.
- Provides linkage to resources for families with a focus on reaching self-sufficiency while utilizing the conference and teaming service model
- Utilizes a strength based approach to engage families; conducts home visits with families
- Maintains contact with natural supports, referring agencies, providers, and other stakeholders
- Consults and cooperates with community systems to facilitate linkage, referrals and follow up on the progress of the family meeting their goals
- Maintains a high level of ethical conduct regarding confidentiality and professionalism
- Schedules and facilitates family conferences and guides the family to complete a family plan
- Establishes rapport with all participants prior to and during family conferences
- Completes and maintains written documentation
- Leads weekly team case review meetings
- Travels throughout Allegheny County to consult with and support families.
- Assists with unit data tracking and administrative paperwork
- Bachelor’s Degree in social science, education or related field is required
- Act 33, 34 and FBI clearances required
- 2-3 years’ case management experience
- Experience and thorough knowledge of methods and procedures used in determining eligibility for social services
- Valid PA driver’s license, clean driving record, insurance and registration required
SALARY: $36,000 candidate with Bachelor’s Degree; $38,000 candidate with Master’s Degree
Veterans are encouraged to apply.
Role: Family Coordinator
Apply for this job now.