Company: SOLID ROCK SEARCH
Job Type: Permanent, FullTime
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Specifically relating to the mechanical and electrical systems:
- Lead the project team, subcontractors, owner's consultants and representatives to ensure optimal alignment and efficient systems installation.
- Prepare and manage the contract item's list for all components, materials, and systems to ensure that all ROJ dates are in compliance with the project schedule with the appropriate approval status.
- Participate in schedule update meetings and provide the latest information for an informed and accurate schedule.
- Evaluate and manage the processing of RFI's.
- Manage the budget including the review, evaluation, and negotiation of all change orders with understanding of the financial status of all subcontractors.
- Supervise, coach and mentor Assistant MEP Engineers.
- Co-lead the MEP Coordination Process with the VDC Engineer, ensuring overall installation is in compliance with the design requirements, operations and maintenance fundamentals, and quality standards.
- Prepare scope of work documents with a division of responsibility for trades and specific scopes of work for temporary operations.
- Partner with the MEP Superintendent to resolve conflicts between the mechanical and electrical systems with the site logistics plan and in compliance with the project schedule.
- Co-lead with the MEP Superintendent the overall turnover process including start-up, testing, commissioning and closeout.
- Conduct regular project walkthroughs with the MEP staff to ensure that work is proceeding in accordance with the contract documents, coordination drawings, and approved submittals.
- Identify and inform field staff of difficult installation requirements in sufficient time to allow for proper planning and execution.
- Manage and secure all municipal and agency documentation required for temporary certificates of information and system operation.
- Create and implement the quality control plan with the MEP Superintendent.
Qualifications: Bachelor's Degree in Engineering and a minimum of four years of relevant engineering experience or an equivalent combination of education, training, and/or experience relating to mechanical and electrical systems. Technical expertise and understanding of all mechanical and electrical systems that support the broad array of project types in our portfolio and how they interrelate with each other. Business acumen to plan, manage, and execute all the essential duties with excellent verbal and written communication skills, organizational ability, and proficiency with computer applications. Demonstrate the personal attributes of a leader to encourage the development of a high performing team.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Performance of the duties will occasionally require physical ability to climb permanent and temporary stairs, passenger use of construction personnel hoists, ability to climb ladders and negotiate work areas under construction. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. Performing this job requires use of hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls, sit, talk and hear (bells, whistles, etc.), stand, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. Employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 lbs.
Work Environment: While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works on-site at the construction work site where the employee is exposed to moving mechanical parts; high precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; outside weather conditions and risk of electrical shock. The noise in these work environments is usually moderate to very loud.
Powered by JazzHR