This role offers you the opportunity to work on day-to-day pricing & trading activity within the Retail Savings business. Not only that, we see it as the ideal way for those interested in an actuarial career to get robust commercial experience, progression opportunity as well as study and resource support from Aviva, the UK’s largest insurer.
The role’s duties & responsibilities:
- Using actuarial models to support pricing decisions, special deals and project financials
- Assisting in the production of proposals for special deals
- Reviewing projections/tables used in our quotes
- Understanding key pricing metrics and reviewing key assumptions
- Understanding pricing decisions in a Solvency 2 context
- Liaising with colleagues and key business partners in our Finance, Proposition and Distribution teams
The role would suit someone with a mathematical/analytical background gained from an academic route or commercial experience.
Skills & experiences required:
- Excellent spreadsheet skills (Excel/SQL/VBA)
- Knowledge of actuarial and analytical techniques (model building)
- Good communication/time management skills and ability to work in a team with dynamic priorities
- Comfortable dealing with data issues and the confidence to resolve them
Aviva are committed to providing study support for candidates interested in pursuing their Actuarial exams or other
What will you get for this role?
- A competitive salary depending on location, skills, experience and qualifications
- Generous defined contribution pension scheme
- Annual performance related bonus and pay review
- Holiday allowance of 29 days plus bank holidays and the option to buy/sell up to 5 additional days
- Up to 40% discount for some Aviva products through “My Aviva Extras” plus discounts for Friends and Family (some exclusions apply)
- Excellent range of flexible benefits to include a matching share save scheme
Oh, and by the way…
At Aviva, we always ‘Care More’. It’s our thing. We’re all about our people – that’s you – so we can be pretty flexible. If you need to work from home some of the time or change your hours so you can pick up your kids or care for someone in your family, we’re very open to that. We’ll even try to bend work around your further studies or hobbies where we can!
We care deeply about welcoming people no matter where they’re from, how old they are or what disability they have. We encourage applications from every age, race, ethnicity, disability, gender, gender identity, religion, culture, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, pregnancy, maternity or caring responsibility. We want our employees to bring their whole self to work and that starts with you!
As part of that we interview every disabled applicant* that meets the minimum criteria for the job. Just send us an email once you’ve applied, and we’ll make sure we interview you.
If you like the sound of all that, we’d love it if you could submit your application online. For an alternative method of applying, please give Dan Hopchet a call on: 0121 234 7625 or ping them an email at: #removed#
*As defined in The Equality Act 2010*. By ‘minimum criteria’ we mean you must provide us with evidence which demonstrates that you generally meet the level of competence required and have the qualifications, skills or experience defined as essential to perform the role.