JOB TITLE: Quality Engineer
Principal Duties and Responsibilies
- Participates, as required, in the development of quote proposals for new business opportunities.
- Develops the specific gaging strategy for new product launches.
- Leads the launch team in the creation of PFMEA's, Control Plans and other quality documentation for new product launches.
- Assists in the development and coordination of APQP documentation.
- Assists engineering in the measurement and establishment of process capability studies for die cast trials, vendor machine run-offs and component supplier manufacturing processes.
- Participates in lean manufacturing initiatives and incorporates lean and continuous improvement concepts in work activities and completion of projects.
- Communicates, coordinates and cooperates with all levels of management, team members, suppliers and customers on quality issues. Leads automation and computerization of quality functions when justified.
- Maintains knowledge of inspection tools and the gage calibrations, including providing assistance in maintaining gage R&R studies and capability studies.
- Provides practical knowledge of statistics and SPC and train others in these topics.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or related field.
- SPC training including working knowledge. (Includes Gage R&R knowledge).
- Completion of Blueprint interpretation course including Geometric Dimensioning & Tolerancing.
- Control Plan and FMEA training or working knowledge.
- Gage usage training course (Micrometers, Height Gage, Calipers, Dial Indicators, Thread Gages, etc.).
- Certified Quality Engineer (CQE)
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (required, unless stated as preferred)
Computer, Technical, mechanical, mathematical and/or scientific skills
- Advanced computer software understanding to design, use, and manipulate reports, word processing, spreadsheet, etc. (e.g. Microsoft Office, SQC Pack)
Interested and qualified candidates for the Quality Engineer position should submit their resume for immediate consideration. Resumes will be reviewed as quickly as possible and qualified applicants will be contacted to move forward in the process.
Must be authorized to work in the U.S. without sponsorship.
Sr. Technical Recruiter/Account Manager
Office (586) 772-6452 X 125
Of the more than 80 offices in our network, the Roseville, MI Bryant Bureau office consistently ranks among the top two offices in successful candidate placements. Four of the nation's top 20 recruiters work in this office, including one who has sat on the Board of Directors for the exclusive Pinnacle Society, an organization whose membership is reserved for the top recruiters in the nation.
Our recruiters interact with top level industry professionals on a daily basis. These relationships have been built through memberships in various industry organizations and their personal initiative in developing strong professional relationships throughout the community.
Bryant Bureau is a Member of the Michigan Association of Staffing Services.
Role: Quality Engineer
Apply for this job now.