This position is responsible for safely driving a company vehicle for the purpose of delivering products from business to businesses. This position requires using excellent customer service skills, and working in accordance with state and DOT regulations and following the Company’s procedures and Preferred Work Methods.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Drive vehicles to designated destinations for customer product deliveries in a timely manner.
- Drive safely and deliver products within deadlines.
- Follow designated route and maintain timely deliveries.
- Report any accidents or injuries to Supervisors immediately.
- Load and unload vehicle per client SOP.
- Perform vehicle inspection before and after each trip.
- Notify Dispatchers and/or supervisors about any major repairs and maintenances.
- Follow local and state driving laws and road regulations.
- Maintain the vehicle clean and safe.
- Adhere to company operating policies and procedures.
- Prepare vehicle performance forms and complete daily paperwork. Maintain logs of packages delivered
- Provide special care in delivering fragile products.
- Monitor traffic conditions to avoid delays.
- Read and interpret maps and GPS directions.
- Ensure inventory loads match delivery documentation.
- Communicate and with supervisor as needed to meet customer delivery and pick expectations.
- Responsible for executing delivery instructions based upon appointment schedule required by customer
Minimum Requirements: Education, Experience and Required Skills, Including Certificates, Licenses and Registrations:
- Must be 21 years of age or older
- Must Possess Valid Sate Driver’s License
- Must have clean driving record. Company will obtain: Department of Motor Vehicle Record (DMV)
- Must successfully pass Criminal Background check and Drug screening
- Must have a minimum of 1 year related driving experience/3 years preferred
- Must be able to pass a road test/driving test
- Must be available to work various shifts, weekends, holidays as needed
- Must have positive attitude
- Excellent verbal communication
- Professional appearance
- Ability to read navigation devices efficiently
- Able to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent customer service skills
- An ability to function well as part of a team, including assisting other drivers as requested
- Proven ability to follow directions and established guidelines.
- Able to work independently with minimal supervision
- Able to work and communicate effectively with co-workers, supervisors and customers.
- Diligent attention to safety
We are a leading provider of same-day transportation and distribution services in the Atlanta, Birmingham, Savannah, DC and Virginia area.
We provide a variety of same-day transportation and distribution services for customers of all sizes.
CC Last Mile can transport everything from legal documents, parcels, medical specimens to large palette/cargo goods.
The quality of our customer service and reliability makes us one of premier couriers in the on-time package delivery industry.
We transport packages to any city within the Continental U.S.
Role: Employee Medical Route Driver
Apply for this job now.