Job Type: Permanent, FullTime
Salary: £12.00 - £14.00 per hour, Inc benefits
Our client is seeking an Administrator to support their Special Educational Needs Department. The role will be to provide secretarial and administrative support to the department whilst maintaining an effective and efficient administrative system to ensure sensitive information is kept up to date and confidential.
Other duties of an appropriate level and nature may also be required, as directed by the line manager or the Senior Leadership team.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
- Assist the SENCo to collate, analyse and interpret assessment data, including auditing data for accuracy and investigating anomalies.
- Schedule review meetings and prepare relevant student data, e.g. school reports, attendance data etc.
- Issue pre and post meeting paperwork for SEND meetings (PEP, EHCP and professionals) is sent to all parties by deadlines and pupils’ folders are kept up to date.
- Communicate effectively in writing and by telephone with parents/carers and staff.
- Anticipate and plan ahead appropriately for regular/upcoming events and tasks.
- Enter details of new students going on to the SEND register.
- Use SIMS to generate letters/emails to inform parents of any changes in SEND provision and invite parents to review meetings.
- Type and circulate minutes of meetings to staff team.
- Carry out routine administrative support, including photocopying materials, scanning etc. as required.
- Maintain the SEND diary of expected visitors and liaise with colleagues when visitors arrive.
- Manage diary of SENCo and Support as and when other senior members of the LDD department.
- Maintain a confidential and discreet manner at all times, and ensure that all information is managed in accordance with data protection and safeguarding requirements.
- Maintain good relationships with all staff, students, parents/carers and other professionals. Represent the school in a positive and professional manner at all times.
This is a term time only role working 35 hours a week.