Do you experience in Health and safety or Quality Control within a Manufacturing environment and looking for a Full time Permanent role?
Osborne Appointments are recruiting on behalf of our client based in Letchworth who is seeking a Project Manager within Quality Control to join their team who can deputise for the Quality Manager
Job Type: Permanent, full
Start Date: As soon as possible
Hours: Monday - Friday 9am -5pm. The Company do operate on a 24/7 operation so some flexibility is required to start earlier or finish later when required.
Salary: £35,000 - £45,000
Job Role: You report to the Operations Director and will be cooperating closely with the senior management team and other functions in the company. You will be responsible for all aspects of the projects, health & safety and environmental functions. The main responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Review of existing system and standards, recommending improvements and making adjustments to those systems as required;
- Root cause analysis of compliance issues and recommendations for preventative measures to be taken;
- Implement detailed EHS performance measurement across all departments.
- Detailed investigation and root cause analysis of all accidents, near misses and incidents and proposing and implementing corrective actions;
- Undertake design and preparation of a comprehensive environmental management system;
- Provide cover for Quality Manager for BRCGS standard.
- Design and implementation of training programmes for employees in respect of environmental and health and safety practices;
- Ensure plant wide compliance with all relevant legislation related to H&S and Environmental standards;
- Prepare & maintain factory for BRC compliance including team training.
- Provide cover for standards maintenance and compliance, particularly in respect of hygiene and BRC standard requirements and systems;
- Involvement in disciplinary proceedings for breach of company policies and procedures;
- Work as part of the senior management team, including the preparation of materials for board meeting review. Including identification and measurement of key KPIs and proposing and implementing measures to improve actual performance compared to those KPIs;
- Establish consistency in the application of operating standards and an awareness/compliance with safety, health and environmental legislation and company policy;
- Drive a culture of continuous improvement across the company;
- Work closely with all levels of the organisation to ensure best practice is being communicated and adopted within the business;
- In conjunction with the senior management team define the optimum organisation structure and recruit, develop, motivate and manage a team that maximises its performance potential and meets current and future business needs.
If you are interested in this position, please apply direct with your CV or call Sarah on #removed#.
Thank you for your interest in this vacancy, which is being advertised by Osborne Appointments, who are acting as an employment agency / business. Your application will be considered in competition with others and we will contact you within 3 working days.
Osborne Appointments is an award winning recruitment agency specialising in the supply of temporary, contract and permanent placements. In order to keep up to date with all our recruitment activity, please like us on Facebook, follow us on Instagram and sign up for free email job alerts on our website