Avanti Corporation is seeking a full-time mid- to senior-level National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA) specialist to join our team to provide environmental compliance support to federal agencies. Avanti is a small business that offers the flexibility and advancement opportunities of a growing business.
Qualified candidates will support contracts for NOAA and DOI related to NEPA Program development, implementation, and compliance support. Responsibilities include the following:
- Managing and/or working within multidisciplinary teams supporting the preparation of NEPA Environmental Assessments (EAs) and Environmental Impact Statements (EISs) to evaluate the potential environmental impacts of planned federal actions and identify appropriate mitigation measures.
- Applying knowledge of laws, regulations, policies, and guidance that affect MMPA, NMSA, NHPA, and CZMA as well as Tribal consultation and other Executive Orders, including drafting and supporting development of programmatic consultations for specific sites and programs.
- Supporting development of NEPA programs, including revising agency-specific NEPA regulations, developing guidelines and standard operating procedures, and developing and/or facilitating training for NEPA practitioners.
- Assessing the applicability of relevant environmental statutes, regulations and Executive Orders, including but not limited to the NHPA, ESA, CWA, CAA, and the Migratory Bird Treaty Act.
- Ensuring quality of deliverables.
Candidates must have:
- Degree(s) in environmental science, environmental engineering, environmental policy, biology, or a related field.
- Minimum of 8 years of experience.
- Experience in managing or supporting the preparation of EAs and/or EISs and in managing or supporting the associated reviews and consultations.
- Exceptional technical writing capabilities.
- Ability to work efficiently to meet tight deadlines, while providing quality client-ready deliverables.
Ideal candidates will have experience with the following:
- NEPA, associated statutes, regulations, and Executive Orders.
- Offshore energy industries, particularly wind and oil and gas.
- Project management.
To be considered for the position, submit a resume and salary requirement. No calls please.
Avanti is an established small business that has been informing federal agencies' sound environmental regulatory actions since 1990.
Role: Program Manager - NEPA support
Apply for this job now.