EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE #ZR
Required: This position requires the following educational and/or job experience.
• Master’s degree in a healthcare-related field or the equivalent combination of education and work experience.
• Independent Licensure to provide diagnosis and treatment for Substance Abuse Disorder and or
• Five (5) plus years’ experience in case management.
• Seven (7) plus years of progressive work and relevant industry experience with preference in healthcare facility of residential/ outpatient treatment program.
• Five (5) plus years of supervisory and/or management experience.
• Work experience with healthcare accreditation with preference within the substance abuse treatment industry.
• Doctoral degree in healthcare or related field.
• Additional education, training, or work experience in business management.
• Nine (9) plus years of progressive work and relevant industry experience with preference in healthcare facility of residential/ outpatient treatment program.
• Seven (7) plus years of supervisory and/or management experience.
JOB FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES: The following sets forth the primary responsibilities of this job, but is not an exhaustive list. The Organization, through its managers and supervisors, reserves the right to assign any additional duties necessary to meet the needs of our patients, partners and/or employees.
1. Oversees and manages clinical/psychological for the residential and/or outpatient treatment facility.
2. Coordinates day-to-day supervision with Clinical Staff to ensure that activities are carried out in accordance with Valley Hope’s operating policies, procedures, and standards.
3. Directly supervises the counseling staff. Provides routine performance feedback, ongoing leadership, and mentoring in support of staff development.
4. Supervises all aspects of clinical care including clinical case management, inpatient treatment
services, outpatient treatment services, and pastoral care.
5. Oversees lecture series and Alcoholics Anonymous orientation education for facility (residential and/or outpatient).
6. Leads facility performance improvement a c t i v i t i e s inclusive of clinical services. Collaborates with facility management staff to identify and implement improvement activities across the facility.
7. Manages patient census for the residential and/or outpatient treatment facility to meet budgeted goals to ensure financial viability of the facility;
8. Assists with the facility’s annual budget i n c o l l a b o r a t i o n w i t h t h e E x e c u t i v e
D i r e c t o r to ensure financial goals are being achieved and budget met. Communicates areas of concern and issues to facility management and corporate facility leadership as needed.
9. Maintains appropriate standards of patient confidentiality ensures clinical staff adheres to all policies and procedures regarding patient information protection and HIPPA.
10. Ensures compliance with all Joint Commission guidelines that relate to admissions, facility
administration, and/or ancillary support services.
11. Performs public relations activities and works to maximize patient referrals by ensuring the facility is highly respected by external referral services; participates as necessary to ensure effective and ongoing alumni activities.
12. Works with the facility Advisory Board to promote the availability of treatment services through the Valley Hope Foundation.
13. Adheres to Valley Hope’s philosophies, policies, and procedures as well as any other regulating bodies.
14. Maintains and demonstrates a current working knowledge of counseling procedures and substance abuse treatments in accordance with company policy and State and Federal guidelines.
15. Maintains a current working knowledge of trends within substance abuse treatment industry and with State and Federal regulatory requirements and guidelines.
16. Participates in all assigned staff meetings, staff development, and training as required.
17. Interacts and communicates with others (patients, co-workers, management, clients, and vendors) in a professional and tactful manner including treating them with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position.
SKILLS & ABILITIES: The following is intended to give an overview of the requirements of the position, but is not an exhaustive list.
• Effective oral, written and interpersonal communication skills; demonstrated ability to speak effectively with peers, employees, leadership, and patients.
• Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to build strong and mutually beneficial relationships with relevant parties.
• Self-directed and motivated to accomplish tasks, meet objectives and committed timelines
• Well-developed analytical skills; ability to assimilate large volumes of information, prioritize issues, form conclusions and determine appropriate action.
• Responsive and flexible; ability to adapt to changes in the work environment and modify approaches or methods to best fit the situation.
• Ability to prioritize competing demands and effectively manage multiple tasks and/or projects while being responsive and flexible.
• Demonstrated ability to work with and maintain sensitive and confidential information.
• Proficient in MS Office applications, which include Outlook, Word, and Excel.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The following is intended to give and overview of the work environment of the position, but is not an exhaustive list.
• Office setting with traditional hours within a residential and/or outpatient treatment facility.
• Direct contact with patients.
• Sitting for extended periods of time; regularly talking to and listening to others.
• Must be able to work at a rapid pace for long periods of time.
• Able to push, pull, pull up, bend at the knees and waist, twist body at the waist, raise and hold arms overhead, turn head-neck-shoulders as needed, grasp other items with hands, for either extended periods of time or many times throughout the workday.
• Must be able to travel – estimated at 15-20% of the time.
Our Mission is to provide a quality continuum of comprehensive drug and alcohol treatment and related services, in a caring atmosphere and at a reasonable price, for all people experiencing problems with alcohol or other drug use.
Role: Clinical Program Director
Apply for this job now.