Engineering Manager-Medical Devices-Springfield, MO Area
We are looking for an Engineering Manager for Medical Devices to be a key member of the management staff providing technical leadership and oversight of Medical cell development and manufacturing. This role will be a significant contributor and decision maker to drive growth in a very dynamic and fast paced environment.
- Oversee engineering staff who support various projects.
- Participate in the review and preparation of proposals, when needed.
- Plan and coordinate internally funded development projects.
- Provide technical support for validation of product line transfers from other facilities.
- Provide technical support for validation of new designs and processes.
- Provide technical leadership in the investigation of problems and implementation of appropriate corrective actions.
- Provide technical leadership for the implementation of cost reduction and efficiency improvement efforts.
- Manage all technical aspects of the design and production of various cells in the in the Medical product line.
- Provide technical guidance to the Medical Operations group such that target scrap and production rates are achieved.
- Have a Bachelor’s degree in an Engineering field or related discipline.
- Possess knowledge of data processing tools such as Excel.
- Have excellent problem solving abilities.
- Have experience with presenting technical information to customers and upper management.
- Possess strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Have a minimum of three years of work experience in related role in engineering or project management.
- Be a self-starter and schedule-driven.
- Demonstrate attention to detail through accuracy and completeness of information.
- Five or more years of engineering experience with a Class 3 medical device manufacturing business with managerial experience.
- General knowledge of batteries and electro-chemistry.
- Experience with 5-Why, Fish Bone and other problem solving tools.
- Six Sigma background with Lean manufacturing experience.
- Experience with GMP, and ISO 14971 methods.
- A Master’s degree in an Engineering field or related discipline.
Critical Fit Recruiting specializes in recruiting top-technical talent. Our services are provided on a contingent, engaged, or exclusive basis.
For over 30 years, Critical Fit has been serving clients nationwide. During that time, many things have changed, but one thing has stayed the same: outstanding companies hire outstanding people! Bringing these two groups together is our expertise. We recruit and place a variety of executive level professionals for clients in emerging, middle market, and Fortune 500 companies across a diversified industry base. Our commitment to our client companies is unsurpassed.
We keep business simple. We listen. We understand. We perform.
Role: Engineering Manager - Medical Devices
Apply for this job now.