Company: DEMOB JOB LTD
Job Type: Permanent, FullTime
Salary: £30,000 - £40,000 per annum, Negotiable
Our client has a vacancy for a Field Service Engineer to join their growing engineering team. The successful Field Service Engineer will attend marine vessels around the UK with occasional travel to Europe, carrying out the service and maintenance of diesel engines and mechanical equipment on board the vessel whilst attending breakdowns to carry out fault finding, diagnosis and repairs, ensuring the vessels are fully operational. The successful candidate will ideally be based in the following locations: Berwick, Hartlepool, Great Yarmouth, Hull, Dover, Isle of Wight or close surrounding areas. This is predominantly based in the UK however there will be the occasional requirement to travel to Europe. Flexibility is required as this is working a 2 weeks on/ 2 weeks off working pattern, you will stay away from home for 2 weeks at a time and to be able to respond to short notice arrangements to get to the location of the vessels in an emergency.
This is an exciting opportunity to secure a full-time position within a company which is only growing and expanding, offering a generous salary with 6 months off a year due to their unique working pattern on top of your holiday entitlement and other benefits.
Field Service Engineer Requirements:
- Strong mechanical engineering background with a relevant qualification.
- Strong fault finding and diagnostic skills.
- Knowledge of MTU engines.
- Flexible approach to travel and overnight stays and responding to short notice arrangements.
- Prepared to work 2 weeks on and 2 weeks off working pattern.
- Hold a full and clean driving license.
Field Service Engineer Benefits:
- £30,000 - £40,000 depending on experience.
- 6 months off a year + 25 days holiday.
- Company van, fuel card, mobile phone, credit card, laptop and expenses.
- Company pension scheme.
- Company product training provided.