Responsible for overseeing the care and maintenance of all aspects of the community’s physical plant to include maintaining an effective preventative maintenance program; the hiring, training and supervising of all plant and housekeeping employees; the coordinating of life safety and security programs; the procuring of supplies, material and equipment, and assisting with budget preparation and operating within budgetary guidelines. This person is a key member of each Community’s management team adhering to Company policy and procedures and upholding the Community’s mission, philosophy, values and the Company’s vision, principles and Hospitality Promises.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. May supervise the Plant Operations Department (less than two full-time/equivalent staff members) to include interviewing, hiring (with approval from the Executive Director), training, evaluating, and counseling within established policies and procedures.
2. Maintain equipment, building, utilities and grounds with an adequate preventative maintenance program. Arrange for maintenance contracts as necessary.
3. Maintain the emergency power generating equipment along with all fire and life safety equipment and fire drill and safety inspection reports.
4. Provide residents and staff with a timely and effective response to service requests.
5. Ensure all equipment and systems function properly and safely. Ensure compliance with federal, state and local regulations/ordinances.
6. Advise and consult with the Executive Director in short and long range planning to ensure that community physical plant and grounds are maintained in a good state of repair and that the community projects a good visual image to the community at large and on maintenance schedules and progress.
Job Description – Director of Plant Operations Page 2 of 6 © Rentals Rev. 7/2017
7. Participate in the planning of the annual departmental budget, responsible to maintain all expenditures for department to remain within budget allowances, review monthly operating statement for accuracy and explains variances to budget.
8. Maintain proper level of service repair parts for electrical, plumbing, laundry, lighting, refrigeration, HVAC, hardware, locks, batteries, tools, expendable supplies, emergency telephone and security equipment based on past and expected usage. Maintain and adjust computerized controls for HVAC and other equipment as necessary.
9. Process and submit monthly expenses and budget data timely.
10. Inspect and make ready all apartments prior to occupancy by residents.
11. Maintain community vehicle(s).
12. Ensure compliance with applicable OSHA workplace safety requirements and preside the safety committee.
13. Plan and initiate staff training in emergency preparedness, life safety, personal protective equipment, OSHA mandated training, and other required training.
14. Ensure cleanliness of the community meets the standards that we promise.
15. Ensure floors are cared for properly and are maintained as presentable as possible.
16. Maintain current listing of all contracted vendors, contracts and inspections.
17. Prepare and maintain required records, reports, analyses and studies.
18. Represent the community in a warm and inviting manner, which creates a positive marketing environment.
19. Supports creating a culture where the business decisions made in this position, along with individual employee engagement, drive top-line revenue and occupancy.
GENERAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. The Community embraces a culture of hospitality. To that end, all employees are expected as a condition of employment to practice the LCS Hospitality Promises™ in all interactions with residents, fellow employees, and guests:
• We greet you warmly, by name and with a smile.
• We treat everyone with courteous respect.
• We anticipate your needs and act accordingly.
• We listen and respond enthusiastically in a timely manner.
• We hold ourselves and one another accountable.
• We make you feel important.
• We embrace and value our differences.
• We ask, "Is there anything else I can do for you?"
• We maintain high levels of professionalism, both in conduct and appearance, at all times.
• We pay attention to details.
2. Act as Manager on Duty as directed by the Executive Director.
3. Assist the Executive Director and/or Business Office Manager in the management of open Workers Compensation claims, as directed.
**Salary position DOE
We are a senior living community offering all the comforts of home. Residents in our assisted living and memory care neighborhoods enjoy beautiful apartments, three meals a day served restaurant-style in our dining room, and a choice of engaging daily activities and entertainment.
Role: Director of Plant Operations - Senior Living
Apply for this job now.