One of our parter Primary Schools in Wakefield (WF5) are currently recruiting for a Higher Level Teaching Assistant (HLTA). This is a full-time role starting ideally as soon as possible.
The school is an average sized primary school who have been graded as GOOD by OFSTED and the Head Teacher ensures all staff work collaboratively to support one another in areas of teaching and learning. Children on the whole are well behaved and make good progress in all subject areas, however due to the long period of time out of school due to COVID, some children haven't made the required levels of progress and will require additional support and tuition in areas such as Reading, Writing and Maths.
As a Higher Level Teaching Assistant, you will be needed to fulfil the role of a Teaching Assistant, as well as carry out tasks of a higher level such as: Small group tuition, Classroom Teaching and PPA Cover, as well as 1:1 support.
Desirable Applicants will need the following:
- Subject specific knowledge
- HLTA Status/Meet the HLTA standards (HLTA Qualification or, Primary Educational based degree)
- A high level of classroom/pupil management skills
- Previous experience following planning and leading a full class of children
- Ability to provide 1 to 1 support to pupils with SEN
- Be able to cover planned absences on behalf of class teachers
- Transport in order to get to and from the school in Wakefield
If you have the right qualifications and experience for this role please contact Charley Alexander at the Leeds Wakefield Primary branch on fthe details below or, register to Teaching Personnel online.