A forward-thinking Games studio that works on a number of popular AAA games is seeking an experienced Technical Game Designer to join them on a permanent basis. This can be a fully remote role or based in their Glasgow studio.
With a real focus on creating exciting and engaging games for millions of users, the Scottish studio seeks to create captivating PC/Console titles for a variety of different genres - from an upcoming MMO shooter game to adding to its BAFA award-winning murder mystery series, there are a number of exciting projects coming up for the Technical Game Designer to get involved with.
Alongside their brilliant games collection, the company also work within Film/TV as well as Post Production where they offer high quality narratives and post productions.
The Technical Game Designer Role
As a Technical Game Designer you will be working closely with both the design and programming teams, identifying and fixing any technical pitfalls. It will be your responsibility to liaise between both teams to ensure smooth workflow and effective collaboration.
Responsibilities will also include:
- Be involved in all aspects of the development process
- Translate game designs into sustainable technology and feature designs
- Assist with the maintenance and updates for existing titles
The Essential Requirements for the Technical Game Designer Role:
- Either a strong background in Unity with some personal UE4 experience or a strong UE4 background
- Fluency in C++/C#
- Proven commercial knowledge of working with PC/Console platforms
- Worked on at least 2 full lifecycles
The studio is keen to get the ideal candidate for this role started as early as January, with interviews already taking place. If this Technical Game Designer role seems of interest to you, please apply now!