Do you want a job that is rewarding and fits around your family commitments?
Are you a bright, enthusiastic, and understanding person who has previously worked within a social care setting?
If so, you could be spending your day working in a wide range of care environments alongside other care professionals. The client groups that you will support are diverse, which will enable you to either expand your skill base or even become more specialised, and you can expect ongoing support and training to help you achieve your career aspirations.
We are looking for someone who is creative and encouraging in their approach, firm but friendly with a caring nature, and motivated to support the individual with activities they enjoy.
Are you able to pick up shifts with less than four hours' notice, when you are available?
Would you be willing to travel up to a 40 mile round trip to support clients at short notice?
Great news. Looks like you'd be a great fit for the AJ team.
Requirements of becoming a Support Worker
- At least 6 months previous professional experience
- Driver with access to your own vehicle - able to get to Pontefract and surrounding areas to accommodate varied shift patterns
Details of this Support Worker role:
- Pay rate £8.75 - £10.50 p/h.
- You will get the opportunity to work shifts that are either earlies, lates, nights or sleep ins on either week days or weekends.
- Only males will be considered for this position due to the background and the preferences of the individuals you will be supporting. Gender is considered to be a genuine occupational requirement in accordance with paragraph 1 of schedule 9 of the Equality Act 2010.
As well as the personal rewards that comes with being a Support Worker, there are many other added benefits, such as:
- Enjoy the flexibility of this role by working as many shifts as you want with a variety of shift patterns to choose from
- Have the opportunity to work for regular clients or enjoy a varied work schedule
- Competitive hourly rates of pay
- Greater work-life balance
- Be able to manage your work schedule via an easy to use mobile app
- Receive support from friendly, helpful and efficient Consultants 24/7
- Receive double pay on bank holidays
- 28 days' holiday to be taken flexibly around your lifestyle
- Accurate, transparent and always on time pay
- Up skill yourself through our full FREE training package that is both online and practical
- Funded continued professional development
- Free Enhanced DBS check
- Permanent opportunities available if your working requirements change
Check out what AJ Support Worker say about working for AJ
If you think you have the right skills and personal values to support people to live independent lives, we would love to hear from you. Simply apply below or click here to register now.
“AJ Recruitment are supportive and care for their staff by recognising the need to fit work around my family commitments. They take into consideration everything I tell them and adapt based on my preference. For me being able to work while having limited childcare is fantastic which really helps me to support my family.” - AJ Support Worker