My clients in Oxfordshire have an immediate requirement for an Equipment Engineer: Vacuum Deposition to play a key role in the development of a novel product generating electricity from sunlight.
This role is commutable from Thame, Abingdon, Kidlington, Oxford, Witney, Bicester.
My clients are an early stage company developing a next-generation solar cell product that incorporates photovoltaics within the structure of glass windows. The company is developing large-area processing methods for depositing thin layers of active materials onto glass, and now wishes to expand the team to enable processing scale-up for manufacture.
The product design combines abundant and environmentally friendly materials with low cost thin film deposition and patterning methods, producing nano-engineered solar cell components that integrate with standard glazing technologies. The product development team spans a range of disciplines, including Process Engineering, Solar cell physics, Organic Chemistry, and Materials Processing.
They are now looking to appoint an Equipment Engineer: Vacuum Deposition to join their team to help maintain and improve their R&D toolsets.
The role is being created to provide front-line engineering support for fabrication toolsets and site services; to improve overall operating efficiency of the site and avoid unexpected downtime.
The role would ideally suit an engineer / scientist with experience in equipment maintenance, fault finding and process development / optimization. Experience in vacuum deposition is essential.
Provide rapid response to issues as they occur on the R&D production line.
• Take ownership of deposition toolsets and proactively ensure they are safe and appropriately maintained. This includes managing the preventative maintenance regime.
• Support the efficient operation of the site, in particular minimizing downtime of equipment/plant items and monitoring of equipment productivity.
• Support the engineering team with the larger, complex projects, such as laboratory modification and tool upgrades/re-designs.
Assist in the development and refinement of active layers, in collaboration with the rest of the R&D team.
Skills & Experience Required:
Equipment engineering experience supporting complex toolsets - ideally in a volume production environment.
• High vacuum deposition experience, PVD / CVD.
• Good working knowledge of laboratory health and safety procedures, and safe systems of work.
• Computer literacy essential (Microsoft Office, Teams, tools to enable remote monitoring of plant).
• CAD skills (Solidworks / Autodesk) would be useful for designing equipment modifications although the successful candidate can be trained in this area if necessary.
• Degree or higher level qualification in an engineering or science-based subject is preferred.
• Some lab-to-fab / product development / NPI experience would be advantageous.
You will probably have worked in a semiconductor, solar cell or other thin film chemical manufacturing environment in order to have attained the required experience.
Current employees are interested in the protection of the natural environment, and that has drawn them to join and stay with the company to contribute in this area.
A competitive salary is on offer with additional benefits.
To apply for this Equipment Engineer: Vacuum Deposition role in Oxfordshire please contact us now!