Company: RAYTHEON UK
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
Salary: £20,000 - £29,999, £30,000 - £39,999, £40,000 - £49,999, £50,000 - £59,999
Principal Hardware Engineer
Raytheon UK is looking for an experienced and high performing Principal Engineer to join a successful Power Products team within the Global Sensors Mission Area.
The role will be based at Raytheon's Glenrothes, Harlow facility and the successful candidate will report directly to the Engineering Manager.
The Principal Hardware Engineer will be able make their mark on a broad and varied range of Power Products, being the
focal point for the complete engineering solution, overseeing the integration of contributions from all other engineering disciplines - including systems, hardware, mechanical, software, safety and reliability.
Above all, this is the ideal opportunity for a self-starting senior engineer who wants to work on exciting technology and product development projects in a collaborative environment.The role:
This role includes:
- Power Product design and development technical leadership -
From the initial concept stage, developing these concepts through to final production and certification.
- Leading the hardware team and working will all other engineering disciplines throughout the design cycle, in a collaborative working and shared environment.
- Working with Customers to develop and shape the technical requirements and then manage these requirements through the product development.
- Interface with suppliers and industry experts.
- Liaison with academia partners for various work packages.
- Solving complex technical problems on new and existing Power Products.
- Good knowledge of high power design (up to 5kW), electro-mechanical and / or thermal product design within harsh environments.
- Design of circuits in analogue, power and digital, with exposure to FPGA or DSP control.
- Fully understand circuit operation, debug, diagnose and implement fixes.
- Demonstrable problem solving and analytical skills, willing to take ownership as well as positively contributing within cross-disciplined teams.
- Develop hardware concepts efficiently from limited or vague customer requirements and communicate potential solutions.
- Proven experience in technical leadership across multi-disciplined teams.
- Experience in interpretation of customer specs and end use environments.
- Good communication skills. Ability to tailor communications to level and audience at all levels.
- Excellent stakeholder management and customer interfacing skills.
- Willingness to travel throughout the UK, Europe and the US.
- Understands the principles of 6 Sigma and Lean Manufacturing.
- Eligible or current holder of SC security clearance.
- Experience using the Mentor Graphics tool suit; DxDesigner, Constraints Editor, HyperLynx tools such as Signal Integrity & Power Analyser, SystemVision simulation or equivalents would be advantageous.
- Proven analytical skills in circuit simulation (Matlab, LT Spice) and thermal analysis.
- Design of Invertor and Power Factor Correction power supplies and exposure to other topologies.
- Precision Analogue Design.
- Product Quality Testing and Certification.
- Experience of working with Industry standard toolsets (e.g. DOORs).
- HND/ BEng/ MSc / MEng in Electrical / Electronic Engineering or similar,
discipline or equivalent education and experience.
- Chartered Engineer.
Candidates with other qualifications and relevant experience will be considered.
Raytheon is headquartered in Waltham, Mass#Raytheon Career Development:
Raytheon has a wealth of resources available to help you develop your career from the moment you join. Activities range from on-line learning modules, to external training and support for taking professional qualifications relevant to your role.Standard Benefits:
25 days holiday + statutory public holidays
Contributory Pension Scheme (up to 10.5% company contribution)
6 times salary 'Life Assurance'
Flexible Benefits scheme with extensive salary sacrifice scheme's.
Enhanced sick pay scheme
Enhanced Family Friendly Policies, including enhanced Maternity & Shared Parental leave.
37hr working week, with an early finish Friday (hours may vary depending on role, job requirement or site specifics arrangements). Flexible working arrangements may be considered depending on the role and subject to line manager approval.
Canteen facilities available at Harlow & Glenrothes sites with free snacks & drinks (hot & cold) available at othersDiversity:
Diversity is a core business imperative at Raytheon. We are an equal opportunity employer that promotes inclusiveness and always employs the best professionals for the job. Having a diverse workforce allows Raytheon to draw upon a range of different ideas and experiences which supports growing our business and creates an environment where everyone has an equal opportunity for success. Raytheon UK pro-actively encourages diversity of ideas, thoughts, and networking opportunities and has created Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) including Raytheon Women's Network, YesNet (Young Employees Success Network), D&I counsel, Reservist Network etc and all Raytheon employees are welcome to participate regardless of their background.
Raytheon Technologies is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Role: We’re building a sustainable future.
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
Location: Glenrothes, Scotland, Scotland
Apply for this job now.