Creative Financial Staffing has partnered with a publicly traded Pharmaceutical Company to identify an Assistant Controller to join their team. This is a newly created role due to the company’s pending spin-off from the established pharmaceutical company.
Highlights of the Assistant Controller Opportunity:
- Our client is a spin-off of a global publicly traded pharmaceutical company who has been praised for their solid growth and expansion over their 20 years in business.
- The Spin-off will focus heavily on treating orphan diseases while the established company will maintain their focus on treating general population health issues. This will allow them to enhance their agility and innovation while utilizing their resources to their fullest capabilities.
- This is a unique opportunity in that you get the experience/exposure of working for a start-up while having the expertise & pipeline that comes with an established global organization.
- The spin-off has an established staff joining them and they already have 2 drugs in Clinical Trial.
- You will be on the ground floor of the spin-off and will be instrumental in the build out of the Financial Reporting/SOX function.
- I have worked with the Corporate Controller in the current company placing a number of individuals on his team. He is truly a down-to-earth person. He places a high value on career development and makes sure to offer a wealth of opportunity to grow and accomplish.
- Their focus is on the happiness and well-being of their staff and this can be seen both in the corporate culture and in the company benefits. They understand the need for flexibility.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Oversee and manage all aspects of the day-to-day corporate accounting function, including timely and accurate monthly/quarterly financial close;
- Prepare and manage 10K and 10Q process, including drafting and reviewing documents, coordinating review by management, legal counsel and independent accountants;
- Review and take necessary action on financial statements, analyses, footnotes, disclosures, account reconciliations and other support;
- Prepare comprehensive analyses and financial presentations for the audit committee and Senior Management;
- Review balance sheet and profit and loss account reconciliations and produce meaningful and concise analysis;
- Manage the effectiveness and efficiency of the general ledger as well as other financial modules of the Company’s ERP system; maintain and control master data used for financial reporting;
- Assist with the implementation of technical accounting pronouncements, including the research, conclusions and application of complex accounting matters (i.e. in/out-licensing transactions and stock-based compensation);
- Establish, document and maintain accounting policies;
- Manage and coordinate internal controls, segregation of duties and other financial compliance efforts; develop SOX-readiness program including narratives, flowcharts, control matrices and test plans;
- Provide overall management of external audits.
- BS/BA in Accounting or Finance
- 8+ years of either straight Big 4/Large National Public Accounting experience or a mix of public and industry experience.
- CPA is required.
- Strong technical US GAAP background with extensive SOX experience
- Demonstrated leadership and management skills
CFS is a leading, employee-owned accounting and financial staffing firm—the largest one founded by CPA firms. With more than two decades of experience helping companies locate, attract and hire exceptional accounting & finance professionals, CFS has unique resources to better understand hiring needs, attract higher-caliber candidates and assess candidate potential. Established in 1994, CFS today operates 30+ offices across 21 states and the Caribbean. Serving most major U.S. markets and beyond, CFS connects companies with candidates, from entry-level to executive level, temporary to direct hire and project support to interim management.
CFS has twice been named to Forbes’ list of “Best Professional Recruiting Firms” and twice cited by LinkedIn as one of the “Most Socially Engaged Staffing Agencies.”
Role: Assistant Controller/SEC Reporting - CPA
Apply for this job now.