Company: WOODCLIFF HOTEL & SPA
Job Type: Permanent, FullTime
Widewaters Hotels is looking for a fun and enthusiastic Maintenance Technician (Engineer II)
to join our awesome team! We have a fantastic benefits package with very generous PTO policy
and no waiting period to use. We offer Health, Dental, Vision insurance starting after only 60 days
and a 401K program with a great employer match
. Immediately, upon starting you'll be eligible to participate in our Associate Referral Bonus Progra
m, which puts extra money in your pocket to help us recruit! You'll also be joining a team of dedicated individuals that truly care about creating memorable moments for our guests. Apply with us today, we're hiring great team members now!
When you join our team, you will receive a $300
Sign-On Bonus for this position! As our newest team member, you will receive $100
as soon as your 1st paycheck, and the remaining $200
paid out after 90
days of employment with the company.
The Engineer II (Hotel Maintenance Technician) is responsible for maintaining areas of the hotel facility, including the physical building structure, and assisting with mechanical, refrigeration, plumbing, electrical, HVAC systems, and related equipment in accordance with energy conservation and preventative maintenance programs. The Engineer II (Maintenance Technician) is responsible for ensuring the upkeep of guest areas, including landscaping and grounds maintenance. What you will be doing
- Complete work orders, and visually assess the safe and efficient maintenance and operation of the physical structures of the hotel: including mechanical, electrical, HVAC systems, carpentry, plumbing, electrical work, painting, masonry and other related equipment with the guidance of the Chief Engineer.
- Perform Preventative Maintenance, Room Care, Landscape and Grounds programs.
- Complete all routine maintenance on public spaces, meeting rooms, outlets, pools, spa/whirlpool (if necessary), BOH spaces and grounds.
- Assist with repairs as needed which may require climbing a ladder and/or working on a roof.
- Maintain a clean, orderly and safe work environment.
- Record and report completed repairs and items that require further attention.
- Respond to guest calls, complaints, and team member work orders in a timely, courteous and efficient manner to assess and repair non-functioning machinery and/or equipment.
- Communicate all maintenance needs to manager, as well as appropriate hotel department heads. Ensure a timely response to internal requests.
- Ensure that all systems and equipment are functioning properly and efficiently.
- Perform maintenance of parking lot, snow removal, and landscaping as needed.
- Respond to all emergency situations including fire alarms, bomb threats, disasters and power failures; notify the appropriate authorities.
- Recognize potential safety hazards and security problems and act upon each accordingly by reporting them to Chief Engineer.
- Practice safe working procedures at all times and adheres to industry standard protocols. (i.e. Lock Out-Tag Out)
- Understand fire exit and extinguisher locations, and follow all hotel safety rules and procedures.
- Assist in special projects, including, but not limited to: renovations, remodeling, and painting.
- Comply with all department, hotel, and company policies and procedures.
- High School education or equivalent.
- A minimum of 2 plus years experience in a maintenance capacity.
- Must be able to speak, read, write, and understand the primary language(s) used in the workplace.
- Should possess thorough knowledge of OSHA.
- CPR certification is preferred
- HVAC certification is not required.
- Must have a positive attitude at all times.