Legal Aid Clerk / Administrator
Gamlins Law is North Wales' leading law firm for commercial and personal legal services. Our over 80 strong team operates from 6 offices across the region, and we have recently transformed from being a traditional high street firm into a regional powerhouse.
We see ourselves as trusted advisors to all our corporate and private clients, whether we are preparing a will, buying a home for them, handling a multi-million-pound medical negligence claim or helping them to sell their company.
This Legal Aid Clerk / Administrator Role
As the Legal Aid Clerk, you'll provide excellent administration support across our legal departments, completing paperwork, filling documents, and maintaining records amongst other tasks, to include, although not be limited to:
- Managing the billing for legal aid files
- Billing administration including raising bills and maintaining records
- Providing support to departments in preparing claims for payment to the Legal Aid Agency
- Working effectively on client and cost management system
- Ensuring payments are allocated to correct file / matters
What will I need in order to be considered for this Legal Aid Clerk / Administrator role?
Ideally, you will already have an understanding of the legal aid sector and processes, although this isn't essential, as full training will be provided. However, you must have:
- Proven experience within an office-based administration role
- Good standard of computer literacy, ideally with experience of using a CRM
- Excellent organisational and time management skills
- Timely and accurate data entry skills, and a keen eye for detail
You must be self-motivated with a proactive approach to work and be willing to learn new skills and develop within a busy and professional environment.
As a Legal Aid Clerk, you'll join a forward-thinking and friendly firm, where your career development and progression will be fully supported, and where you'll be encouraged to have a voice and bring fresh ideas to the table.
You will receive:
- A starting salary between £16,500 to £18,500, with the level dependent on experience
- 28 days holiday including bank holidays
- Access to company health cover
You will be employed on a permanent contract, working 35 hours per week, Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm. You will work from the company offices in Rhyl, North Wales.
All applications for this Legal Aid Clerk / Administrator vacancy are to be submitted online, and strictly no agency calls or agency CV submissions.