Acuity Eye Group is a nationally recognized group of Ophthalmology practices that specializes in a wide variety of services to help patients receive treatment for a number of different vision-related needs. Acuity Eye Group has offices located throughout several regions in Southern and Central California and we continue to grow! Currently, our group Specialists treat patients in more than 45 locations and 4 Ambulatory Surgery Centers in California. Because of our growth and the patients we need to treat, we must expand our teams and are currently looking for the right individual to join our Clinical team as a Front Office Associate.
The Front Office Associate answers phones and calls patients to verify appointments, as well as assisting in filing and maintaining patient files; both electronic and paper.
If you are the one we're looking for, in addition to helping our company continue to grow, you will also get:
- Competitive salary
- Medical, Dental and Vision plans for yourself and/or your family
- 401K plan with an employer match opportunity
- Life and Long Term Disability insurance programs
- Paid Holiday and Vacation time off
Responsibilities of this position include but are not limited to the following:
- The patient check-in process; verify demographics, insurance info on route slip and in CareCloud system
- Understand the Route Slip and Day Sheet processes and procedures
- Understand how to update patient demographics and insurance information
- Ability to scan and upload Driver’s License and Insurance Cards
- Ability to navigate and schedule patients in the CareCloud System
- Understand and perform the patient check-out procedures
- Understands back-up protocol for processing patients in the event of system outages
- Ability to do a basic Visual Acuity (VA) assessment
- Ability to perform an intraocular pressure test with a Tonopen unit
- Collect and document the patient’s chief complaint
- Verify the patient’s health history
- Document any medications patient is taking
- Maintains an appropriate professional appearance and demeanor in accordance with Company policies
- Keep commitments and keep direct supervisor informed of work progress, timetables, and issue
- Advocate and assist in maintaining a clean, neat, and cheerful environment where our patients feel comfortable
- Other duties as assigned by management
For this role, you must have the following qualifications:
- High school diploma, GED or equivalent.
We hope (but don’t require) that you also have:
- Experience in the Ophthalmic or Optometric Industry
- Experience in a medical office and/or customer service
This is a full time position and you can expect the hours to be from 8am to 5pm.
Location: La Mesa, CA
If you’ve come this far, you’re obviously intrigued by this opportunity. Acuity is one of the largest comprehensive Ophthalmology group practices in the U.S. Come join our team and help us continue to reach more patients in more markets than we’ve ever served before!
We offer a range of diverse opportunities, whether you’re a recent college graduate looking for an entry-level position or a seasoned professional in your field. We seek the strongest clinical and operations talent to ensure we deliver the best care to our patients.
Role: Front Desk Associate (1252- G2)
Location: La Mesa,
Apply for this job now.