Who We Are
Fleet Response specializes in providing claims management services to corporations, government and specialty insurance companies. Built from an insurance background with the dedication to provide highest levels of customer service and customization, Fleet Response is uniquely qualified to provide long lasting mutually beneficial partnerships. Located in Cleveland, Ohio, Fleet Response is a growing, family owned company that specializes in auto claims management, first-party auto physical damage, and third-party property damage, with the potential to move into the third party bodily injury industry. With an energetic, young leadership team, Fleet Response is poised for substantial growth.
Why Fleet Response?
- Medical, Dental, Life, Disability, 401(k), and several voluntary benefit options.
- Progressive office setting with an energetic, family-oriented atmosphere
- Fleet Response is consistently listed as one of the top places to work in Northeast Ohio by the Cleveland Plain Dealer
This position is an entry level position responsible for tasks relating to accounting administrative support. In addition, to a support role this position could include receivable, accounts payable, client billing and vendor research.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Includes, but is not limited to the following:
- Email/mail client invoices daily
- Process the subrogatable rentals report daily
- Scan/file or scan/attach vendor invoices
- Pull invoices for check runs
- Prepare checks for mailing
- Research and respond to client and vendor inquiries within 24 hours
- Vendor set-up
- Review vendor Statements of Account and work with them to clear up open items within reasonable timeframe. Bring any outstanding issues to attention of appropriate team member/department
- Audit/distribute client invoices
- Process credit card transactions via web
- Call in credit card payments to vendors
- Run weekly reports that accompany subro checks
- Enter check data into Fleet Command
- Provide ‘proof of payment’ upon request
- Audit/distribute client invoices
- Cash application
- Toll billing
- Accounting SOP Manual updates/maintenance. Insure updates are performed when required and all updates are correct and accurate.
- Cross train/Backup other team members on various tasks.
- Achieve regular attendance and punctuality required as position requires teamwork, face-to-face interaction, work with on-site equipment, immediate and urgent response times, and specialized skill.
- Assist teammates with project work when needed
- Miscellaneous other tasks as assigned.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned this position. They are not to be construed as an exhausted list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of individuals performing this job. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside their normal responsibilities from time to time as needed.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- High school diploma or GED
- Willingness to learn accounts receivable, payables and other general accounting areas.
- Computer and 10 key experience are required, as well as proficiency with Microsoft Office - Word, Excel and Outlook.
COMMUNICATION/LANGUAGE SKILLS: Ability to read, analyze, and interpret accounting spreadsheets. Ability to read and write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from managers, clients, customers, and the general public. Ability to communicate effectively in multiple forms of communication (i.e. telephone, email, etc)
- MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions and percentages.
- REASONING ABILITY: Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- ORGANIZATIONAL/TIME MANAGEMENT SKILLS: Well organized and able to work under time constraints and deadlines. Ability to be flexible and adapt to a changing work environment. Ability to work well with people and maintain a high degree of confidentiality.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/ENVIRONMENTAL CONDITIONS
- The worker is subject to inside environmental conditions: Protection from weather conditions but not necessarily from temperature changes.
- The worker is required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading.
- Sedentary work: Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time. Jobs are sedentary if walking and standing are required only occasionally and all other sedentary criteria are met.
- Talking: Expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word; those activities where detailed or important spoken instructions must be conveyed to other workers accurately, loudly, or quickly.
- Hearing: Perceiving the nature of sounds at normal speaking levels with or without correction, and having the ability to receive detailed information through oral communication, and making fine discriminations in sound.
- Repetitive motions: Making substantial movements (motions) of the wrists, hands, and/or fingers.
Role: Accounting Clerk
Apply for this job now.