· Promptly answers, screen, and process medical service requests and telephone inquiries with strict adherence to confidentiality agreements and policies and procedures.
· Knowledge of EMR Systems.
· Working in a high-volume call center environment.
· Update patient records and properly addresses patient's questions and concerns.
· Schedule initial and follow-up appointments for new and established patients.
· Answers phones and greets patients in a timely and courteous manner.
· Respond to and takes care of patients’ inquiries, requests, dispute over the phone, and if needed routes it to the appropriate department or staff.
· Enhances UHC’s reputation by fostering ownership and personal responsibility for exceeding patient service expectations.
· Promote UHC services by consulting, gathering information, and evaluating patient needs.
· Maintain a high level of confidentiality with member’s information.
· Maintains quality service by establishing and enforcing organization standards.
· Maintains patient care database by entering new information as it becomes available; verifying findings
· Work closely with other department on appointment scheduling and services offered to ensure smooth patient flow and cut down on waiting time.
· Promotes sense of pride in call center and positive interpersonal relations among all team members.
· Supports organizational changes. Demonstrates flexibility in providing coverage and/or availability for the call center via scheduling adjustments for unexpected absences, events, or call volume variances
· Participates in improving Call Center performance. Support projects to improve the scheduling standards, protocols, and fiscal operations based on current organizational priorities.
· Explain all services available to patient.
· Attend all mandatory programs training.
· Perform all other tasks as assigned.
Job Type: Full Time
Required Experience: High school graduate /GED with a minimum of 1 year experience in the medical field answering phones, setting appointments and handling patient’s questions and/or complaints.
Required Languages: Fluent in English and Spanish
University Health Care, with facilities located in the heart of Miami, is a private medical provider dedicated to comprehensive, dependable medical services for our local community.
Our mission is to improve and sustain the health of our members. We are a recognized healthcare institution whose sole purpose is to enhance the quality of life of our patients through the provision of excellent health care.
We are proud to say that we are an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug Free Work Place.
Role: Patient Support Coordinator
Apply for this job now.