WESTERN REGIONAL SALES MANAGER – RETAIL
North County based manufacturer of baked goods seeks experienced Retail -Regional Sales Manager
The successful candidate will develop and expand sales with responsibility of a defined list of accounts in the assigned territory. The foremost responsibility is to manage and grow sales by the identification and development of new customers and the execution of strategies relating to pricing, promotion and distribution for both new and existing customers. The Regional Sales Manager will be responsible for managing the brokers in the assigned territory and work with management to set sales goals and review sales achievements.
· Develop plan to meet assigned sales objectives.
· Develop promotional programs to meet assigned volume objectives and ensure programs are properly executed.
· Develop distribution plans to meet assigned volume objective and ensure plans are properly executed.
· Develop pricing plans to meet assigned volume objectives and ensure plans are properly executed.
· Direct the sales efforts of the broker partners to achieve targeted sales with current customers and to develop new accounts. Monitors their progress to ensure the plans are properly executed.
· Ensure frequent contact with existing customers and prospective new accounts either with or without Broker.
· Administer Company policy and procedure as it relates to Broker activities and direct sales.
· Identify define and communicate specific customer product needs.
· In conjunction with Sr. Vice President of Sales establish annual sales budget.
Education: BS in Marketing, Business or related field preferred/equivalent job experience.
Experience: Demonstrated sales achievements
The following are primary attributes or competencies that will be required.
1. Ability to make sound financial decisions.
2. Be proficient with their ability to identify and solve a customer’s need and to create a win-win situation for the customer and Horizon Food Group. He/She must have customer, consumer, and market and product knowledge and be able to negotiate and successfully close the sale.
3. Effectively prioritize and organize your work to achieve maximum results.
4. Demonstrate knowledge and experience in the food industry.
5. Strong broker management skills.
6. Demonstrate ability to overcome obstacles and be a problem solver. Work with Customer Service and Quality Assurance departments to respond to and quickly resolve customer and consumer issues.
7. Nurturing skills to manage customers and brokers on a day-to-day basis.
8. Demonstrate Leadership and coaching abilities.
9. Analyze data and market trends to formulate sound business decisions.
10. Prepare and conduct effective sales presentations to customers and broker partners.
11. Possess clear and concise written and verbal communication skills.
12. Ability to research to gain insights and knowledge into our partners’ business opportunities with a focus on creating recommended solutions to senior managements.
· PC Literate-Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and Powerpoint.
COMPETITIVE SALARY AND BENEFITS
Role: WESTERN REGIONAL SALES MANAGER - RETAIL
Apply for this job now.