Radis Community Care have an exciting opportunity for a Support Worker to join our team based in Strawberry Gardens in Yatton.
Radis Community Care is a well-established and successful family run care company which has been delivering high quality care and support in excess of 30 Local Authorities in England and Wales.
The role of Radis is to provide outcome focused, re-enabling care for a range of Service Users including the elderly and for people with physical and/or learning disabilities. The care provided is client-centred and ranges from brief daily visits to 24-hour live-in care and can either be short or long-term.
About the role
As a Support Worker in our Extra Care Scheme you will be predominately supporting the elderly who are finding it difficult to cope due to physical frailty, enabling them to maintain independence. The role involves aiding residents with restricted mobility to move to dining areas at meal times, communal areas for social activities and to the privacy of their bedrooms at their request.
The role will require you to assist residents with personal care activities such as washing, personal hygiene and dressing. You will have the opportunity to take part in physical and mental stimulation by taking part in recreational and social activities with residents, both individually and as a group.
The role is to promote resident's independence, choice, dignity and respect by delivering the best standards of care.
Benefits for the Role
- Mileage Allowance for Cars & Bikes
- Full or Part time hours available
- NEST Pension
- Free uniform and PPE
- Excellent career progression
- Fully structured support for all new starters available
- Full Out of Hours support
- full training, working towards Care Certificate, Dementia, End of life and other training courses.
- In-depth online & Office based training
- Paid Shadowing in the field
- You get paid by BACS every 4 weeks
- Refer a friend payment (Unlimited Payments) Subject to conditions
- We will pay for mandatory refresher training
Radis Community Care is an Equal Opportunities Employer that welcomes applicants from all sections of the community.