Work Schedule: These are generally 8 hour shifts. You must be available for overtime and working weekends and holidays on occasion.
- Our ideal candidate has experience trouble shooting and repairing a variety of industrial equipment. You will be installing, repairing, maintaining and refurbishing all equipment in the facility. Plant operations are a priority so the maintenance crew will be expected to work extended hours and callbacks on short notice. The focus will be providing a safe working environment for all Bartlett employees while ensuring consistent flour and feed production. You will have the opportunity to advance if you demonstrate the proper skills and temperament.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform all tasks in a safe manner in compliance with Bartlett safety programs and procedures.
- Observe and test the operation of equipment in order to diagnose malfunctions and initiate the appropriate repairs.
- Perform routine preventative maintenance on processing and grain handling equipment.
- Prefer candidate with knowledge in Hydraulics, Pneumatics, and Electrical Systems.
- Prefer candidate with ability to weld and cuts parts using arc-welding and flame cutting equipment.
- Recommend changes, modifications or upgrades to equipment to improve machine reliability and performance.
- Complete motor changes, adjust and service bucket elevators as well belt man-lifts.
- Keep stock ready by updating inventories and logging usage
- Computer literate and able to use for preventative maintenance program and training.
- Ability to operate shop equipment such as drill press, band saw, bench grinder, etc.
- Ability to use standard measuring tools (meters, micrometers, gauges).
- Operate a forklift as needed to complete duties.
- Maintain your work areas and Bartlett facilities properly.
Compensation and Benefits
Base Wage: Depends on Experience
Bartlett offers a generous benefits package including
- 401(k) plan with company match
- Profit sharing plan
- Health Insurance, Life Insurance and Short Term Disability coverage paid 100% for employee
- Dental and Vision insurance available
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Paid Vacation and Holidays
Required Education and Experience
- High school diploma or GED degree or related experience and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- You must have reliable transportation to be available for work 24/7.
- Experience with agriculture and/or industrial equipment is preferred.
- Experience in the flour or feed milling industry is a plus.
Physical Demands and Requirements
This job can be physically strenuous (demanding) from time to time. You will be expected to be able to work in tight and confined spaces, walk, climb, bend, kneel, lift, grip, grasp, push and pull various tools and equipment. You will need the ability to frequently lift, push and pull up to 50 pounds and occasionally more. This job will require the ability to ascend/descend ladders.
As required and practical , you will wear personal protective equipment, such as hardhats, gloves, safety glasses, face masks, safety shoes, respirators and ear protection.
This job requires the ability to read and comprehend written and oral operational and safety instructions and related rules, policies and memos, and to communicate clearly with your co-workers and supervisors.
It is important to have vision that permits close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
You also need the ability to detect odors and the ability to understand and discern safety warning systems.
This is a physical job that includes both indoor and outdoor work in all types of weather and temperature environments. This job may include working at heights and in confined spaces. It may be noisy and dusty at times.
Bartlett Milling Company is an affiliate of Bartlett and Company - a diverse, agri-business company headquartered in Kansas City, Missouri. Bartlett is more than 100 years old, and FORBES ranks it among the largest private companies in the U.S. Its principal businesses are grain merchandising and logistics, exporting, flour milling and feed manufacturing. Family-owned and growth oriented, the company has facilities in Missouri, Kansas, Colorado, Nebraska, Iowa, Illinois, North and South Carolina, Virginia and Mexico. Financially strong and highly disciplined, we use our expertise to provide our customers with the highest quality and best service possible. Throughout our operations, safety, cleanliness, and facility maintenance are a top priority and, as such, all employees must be absolutely committed to following our disciplined safety policies and procedures.
Candidates with the following backgrounds, often make great mechanics:
Mechanic, Technician, Maintenance, Vehicle Repair, Industrial, Equipment Repair, Weld, Fabricate
All employees shall be subject to drug testing and background checks.
FLSA Status : Non-Exempt.
This job description is intended to provide guidelines for job expectations and the employee's ability to perform the position described. It is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all functions, responsibilities, skills and abilities.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to help enable qualified individuals with disabilities perform the essential functions of the job. Additional functions and requirements may be assigned by supervisors as deemed appropriate. This document does not represent a contract of employment, and the company reserves the right to change this job description and/or assign tasks for the employee to perform, as the company may deem appropriate.
Bartlett will not accept unsolicited applications or resumes from placement services, recruiters or staffing firms. Bartlett WILL NOT pay any placement fee for unsolicited applications unless a written agreement is in place, in advance, for a specific job requisition. Unless such a written agreement is in place, any unsolicited resume shall be deemed Bartlett property and no fees shall be due from Bartlett to any third party under any circumstances.
You may be required to work periodically at other Bartlett regional locations.
Bartlett Grain Company is an affiliate of Bartlett and Company - a diverse, agri-business company headquartered in Kansas City, Missouri. Bartlett is more than 100 years old, and FORBES ranks it among the largest private companies in the U.S. Its principal businesses are grain merchandising and logistics, exporting, flour milling and feed manufacturing. Family-owned and growth oriented, the company has facilities in Missouri, Kansas, Colorado, Nebraska, Iowa, Illinois, North and South Carolina, Virginia and Mexico. Financially strong and highly disciplined, we use our expertise to provide our customers with the highest quality and best service possible. Throughout our operations, safety, cleanliness, and facility maintenance are a top priority and, as such, all employees must be absolutely committed to following our disciplined safety policies and procedures.
Role: Maintenance Mechanic
Apply for this job now.