Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
Salary: £20,000 - £29,999, £30,000 - £39,999, £40,000 - £49,999, £50,000 - £59,999
We are recruiting for a Head of General Insurance IT Platform to join our IT Platforms Team within Aviva.
The Head of General Insurance It Platform will be accountable for leading the operational Application Development, Maintenance (AD&M) teams and functions supporting UK General Insurance business and potentially with global scope.
This role is critical to providing IT leadership and transformational capabilities through implementation of leading technology and solutions. You will be expected to partner with CIO and business leads to identify, develop and execute transformation capabilities to enhance commercial and service objectives and provide world class IT and operational capabilities. Duties & Responsibilities:
Skills & Experience required:
- Developing and executing the Platform strategy (incl. technical and functional roadmaps to drive re-use, standardisation and remediation of technical debt).
- Planning and delivering Platform-level resourcing, capacity planning and costs consistent with Group CIO commitments and targets.
- Take ownership and accountability for leading and delivering world class customer experience and commercial / service changes.
- Outstanding member of IT Platforms leadership and help to improve culture, ways of working and innovation. Forward outlook and developing technology innovation and transformational roadmaps to improve agility, stability and modern ways of working.
- Active management of the Operational integrity of the Platform, including platform security and platform health (capacity, performance, patching / problem management, upgrades, processing & data integrity).
- Delivering quality changes to Production (in support of change activities) in compliance with group standards, methods and ways of working.
- Actively managing delivery of platform services, ensuring NFR's, service levels met ("run").
- Owning Platform compliance with IT and Business Standards.
What will you get for this role?
- Experience leading significant scale teams with positive team feedback.
- Experience in identifying and delivering innovation, continuous improvements and challenging leadership to teams to improve service, customer experience and employee engagement.
- Proven experience of GuideWire or Duck Creek or other leading Policy and Admin applications.
- Proven experience of working with leading database, middleware and B2B/B2C API / Microservice architecture.
- Demonstratable experience of leading large scale, high availability customer relationship management (CRM) or Policy admin applications either PaaS, SaaS or other.
- Strong experience in Cloud hosting solutions and migration of workloads to cloud providers.
- Experience in leading and driving customer experience improvements and transformations.
- Experience and skills in developing high performing teams (insourced, outsourced and graduate and apprenticeship development)
- Proven experience delivering new modern software changes at scale across Continuous release, release frameworks and or major programme delivery.
- Experience in 2 or more business areas, General Insurance, Life or Digital teams.
- Significant transformation experience and leadership.
- Proven track record of delivering productivity and cost transformation.
- Known for high degrees of agility, mobilization, execution and transformation.
- Experience working through differing methodologies, including LEAN, Dev Ops, Agile and Waterfall Approach.
Working at Aviva
- Competitive salary depending on skills, experience and qualifications.
- Generous defined contribution pension scheme.
- Annual performance related bonus and pay review.
- Holiday allowance of 29 days plus bank holidays and the option to buy/sell up to 5 additional days.
- Up to 40% discount for some Aviva products through "My Aviva Extras" plus discounts for Friends and Family. (Some exclusions apply).
- Excellent range of flexible benefits to include a matching share save scheme.
At Aviva, we're people with a purpose. To be with you today, for a better tomorrow.
We bring this to life by ensuring managing risk is at the heart of the way we all work. We love people who do the right thing for our customers, and our colleagues. We want people who speak up, who take responsibility, and who make good decisions.
The way we do this is important too. We always 'Care More'. It's our thing. We're all about our people - that's you - so we can be pretty flexible. If you want to work from home some of the time or change your hours so you can pick up your kids or care for someone in your family, we're very open to that. In fact, we don't advertise roles as either part or full time, because we know each person has different needs, just as each business area has different needs. So, it's up to you to discuss working hours during your interview.
We care deeply about being inclusive and that means we encourage applications from people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We want our employees to bring their whole self to work and that starts with you. We interview every disabled applicant* that meets the minimum criteria for the job
. Just send us an email
once you've applied stating that you have a disclosed disability
and we'll make sure we interview you.
We'd love it if you could submit your application online
. If you require an alternative method
of applying, please give Alice Neal a call on 0121 200 5926 or send an email to #removed# .
*As defined in The Equality Act 2010
*. By 'minimum criteria'
we mean you should provide us with evidence which demonstrates that you generally meet the level of competence required and have the qualifications, skills or experience defined as essential to perform the role.
Role: Head of GI Platforms
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
Location: Bristol (City Centre), England, England
Apply for this job now.