COMPANY: FIDELITY INTERNATIONAL
JOB TYPE: Permanent, FullTime
Purpose of your role
As the team Scrum Master you will play a key role on a global programme working with senior Business leaders, Product Owners and Technology teams within Fidelity International to deliver a new technology platform to support Fidelity's Workplace Investments business. Working alongside multiple stakeholder groups you will need to utilise your experience of working in agile delivery teams to assist with the design, definition, exploration and delivery of an end to end technology solution to service a scaling global Workplace Investments business.
The successful candidate will have a detailed knowledge of working in an Agile environment using Agile tools and techniques, experience working with full scale Scrum or Kanban, and have a good understanding of Jira and Confluence.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Managing impediments - Proactively identifying, analysing and resolving issues with the potential to impact successful delivery of the project. Devising and driving contingency plans, where required, to minimise risks and avoid crises
- Coaching, mentoring and motivating team members to adopt agile principles of development and deliver quality software on time and to design
- Growing and maintaining effective relationships with stakeholders
- Facilitating discussions to create consensus, agreement and binding decisions
- Assuring the timely transition of development work for multiple projects into production by fully engaging with stakeholders as part of planned delivery
- Championing agile practices and continuous improvement initiatives through regular reflection and adaptation
- Facilitating agile ceremonies, including but not limited to; daily stand ups, Iteration/Sprint Planning, Retrospective and Demos
- 3+ years' experience working as a Scrum Master
- Experience of previous role as a technical Scrum Master, and as a People Manager.
- Strong Stakeholder management experience. This includes providing regular status updates on current development activities at appropriate levels of detail for stakeholders, technical teams and the wider business..
- Experience of different Leadership and Management styles.
- Technical experience and knowledge of platform development.
- Experience of risk management strategies to mitigate and maintain alignment to business/programme strategies.
- Experience of running a number of projects / features simultaneously internally within your teams.
- In depth understanding of Agile methodologies, values and practices.