PURPOSE OF JOB:
The Chlorine Institute (CI) seeks a well-organized, detail-oriented self-starter with strong writing, editing, proofreading and project management skills. The Administrative Assistant will work closely with the senior staff to create, collect and distribute materials that support CI members.
Meetings & Events:
- Assists with administrative support for a variety of projects during our Annual and Fall Meetings, Chlorine Safety Training events in coordination with TRANSCAER® and CHLOREP® Team Training.
- Builds relationships with vendors to ensure timely delivery of materials for events.
- Assists the Director of Outreach with Chlorine Safety Training events by researching points of contacts, creating flyers, managing registration, prepping badges and handouts and collecting and compiling surveys.
- Assists the Director of Health Environment Safety and Security (HESS) with the Packaging Hypo Seminar. The administrative assistant secures the hotel contract, preps badges and handouts, collects surveys, and manages the thank you gifts for presenters.
- Assists the Director HESS with the Safety Performance Recognition Program by ordering plaques, arranging shipping and designing the program.
- Provides office support by routing calls, distributing mail, greeting visitors, depositing checks and shipping bookstore orders
- Formats and proofreads technical pamphlets
- Tracks the status of pamphlet development through the various stages – task group formation, research, drafting, task group approval, issue team approval and complete manuscript
- Assists with maintaining member distribution lists
- Coordinates the Chlorine Institute’s Ambassador Package which provides CI members materials for training events, conferences and trade shows.
- Other duties as assigned
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION AND COMPETENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree or at least three years’ experience working in an office environment
- Excellent internal and external communication skills
- Valid Driver’s license
- Ethical team player with strong initiative that is adaptable to change
- Ability to prioritize workload and consistently meet deadlines
- Solid organizational skills and the ability to multitask
- Proven experience with Microsoft Office Suite, familiarity with creating graphics and using Adobe Photoshop
- General administrative support
The administrative assistant reports to the Manager, Meetings & Member Services. There will be occasional travel for meetings and events.
CI offers a competitive compensation and benefits package. Our office is located minutes from DC and just a few steps away from the Rosslyn Metro Station in Arlington, VA.
The Chlorine Institute (CI) founded in 1924, is a technical trade association that exists to support the chlor-alkali industry in advancing safe, secure, environmentally compatible, and sustainable production, distribution, and use of its mission chemicals*.
*CI’s mission chemicals: chlorine, sodium and potassium hydroxides, sodium hypochlorite, the distribution of vinyl chloride monomer (VCM), and the distribution and use of hydrogen chloride.
CI and its members are committed to ensuring the safe and proper handling of the industry's products throughout the value chain, by developing and sharing technical information, training and best practices for the industry, its customers, emergency responders and the community.
Role: Administrative Assistant
Apply for this job now.