My client, an innovative start up providing smart solutions to hearing requires your NQF Level 4, 5yrs+ exp as a Senior Android Developer and Java; Reactive programming; Modular code design principles; Restful API integration; GIT.
Application planning and development - 40%
- Be involved in the planning, design and development of Android applications.
- Work from wireframes, Android applications or specification documents to develop high quality Android applications.
- Develop smart and reusable application architecture.
- Follow best practice design and development methodologies in sustaining a high quality, clean, auditable and manageable system.
- Assist in the collection and documentation of user's requirements, development of user stories, estimates and work plans.
- Institute smart analytics into applications and report on app usability and improvements to project lead
- Monitor app usability and crash logs and ensure bug fixes are deployed as soon as possible, working proactively.
- Continuously discover, evaluate, and implement new technologies to maximize development efficiency
- Conduct initial testing before deployment to staging, ensuring that app is developed to specification and requirements
- Assist software testing analyst in the development of testing plans and environments
Contribution to team - 20%
- Communicate effectively with team lead
- Communicate effectively with team members and internal stakeholders, using communications channels appropriately
- Contribute to the development of fellow team members
- Contribute innovative ideas to project and application plans and roll outs
- Take personal ownership for projects and products
Project planning and capacity management - 20%
- Estimate accurate completion timelines for projects for use by the project lead in capacity planning
- Provide input into the requirements documentation and assist in work breakdown to draft a proper timeline to plan the schedule and what is required
- Manage time and tasks effectively in order to complete tasks in the correct order of priority
- Manage time and tasks effectively in order to complete tasks on time
- Liaise effectively with other team members and backend engineers to ensure timeous completion of integration and the coming together of mobile applications and the required back end system
- Track tasks and timing on JIRA
Quality Management and Compliance 20%
- Ensure continued improvement and upkeep on existing Android applications
- Ensure compliance with QMS frameworks for CE certification.
- Ensure products are developed accurately (i.e. according to specifications and end user requirements)
- Ensure products are developed efficiently (i.e. according to best practice and on time)
- Ensure testing is completed according to specification.
- Manage release schedule and release notes for Android applications.
- National Senior Certificate essential
- Essential skills and knowledge - Java; Reactive programming; Modular code design principles; Restful API integration; GIT
- Tertiary education diploma/degree relevant to software development
- 3-year degree in computer science or equivalent
- Minimum 5 years' experience (years):
- Hands on software developer having b