COMPANY: ELLISKNIGHT INTERNATIONAL RECRUITMENT
JOB TYPE: Permanent, Full Time
SALARY: £40000.00 - £45000.00 per annum
My client is an exciting and growing national brand seeking a talented Health and Safety Manager to join their team.
Please note that this is a field-based role where you will spend 50% of your time engaging with sites across the country, helping to develop the current national framework to facilitate effective management of Health & Safety as the business expands its retail and logistics capacity and capability.
Reporting to the Group Risk and Compliance Manager, you will be responsible for ensuring the company maintains and operates appropriate systems and processes to demonstrate compliance with all relevant H&S legislation, regulations, standards and frameworks, including Group & internal Policies.
As well as enhancing and develop the existing safe working culture, practices, systems and processes, you will make recommendations for improvement as appropriate as well as taking responsibility for the H&S of non-operational locations.
By continually demonstrating professionalism across all areas of the role, as well as interaction with the business and third parties, you will show a commitment to delivering a high-quality service, striving for improvement and self-development.
This interesting and varied role will involve the following key responsibilities:
- Develop, implement and own the overarching Group Health and Safety Policy. Review at least annually and recommend changes or updates in response to legislation or regulation change.
- Set and maintain the right culture to allow collaboration and continuous improvement of health and safety, ensuring operational efficiency as well as best in class safe working practices.
- Support operational colleagues, at all levels, to implement safe working practices, legislative and regulatory requirements as well as internal policy.
- Keep up to date with new legislation and maintain a working knowledge of all Health and Safety Executive (HSE) legislation and any developments that affect the business. Make recommendations for improvements and produce monthly briefings for the Board of Directors and senior managers.
- Undertake risk assessments making recommendations to reduce risks, supporting process owners to deliver compliant and safe working practices.
- Assist the Divisional National Operations Managers to develop and implement monthly and quarterly H&S site assessments. Monitor top line results, producing recommendations based on trend analysis and ensure all remedial actions are undertaken.
- Identify and propose training requirements for the wider business, including senior managers, to ensure the business is managed safely.
- Develop and implement programmes for Fire Risk Assessments (FRA), Asbestos Management, 5 Year electrical testing and fire extinguisher maintenance.
- Produce monthly and annual Management Information reports for all H&S activities, including logging and reporting of incidents, accidents and near misses.
- Manage relationships with Primary Fire Authority and Primary Local Authority, ensuring primary authority status is maintained. Hold regular formal and informal meetings.
- Investigate and report any accidents and safety hazards and incidents, whilst analysing trends and implementing areas for improvement.
- Ensure that all relevant documents, systems and policies and procedures are maintained and reviewed regularly.
- Maintain all required Statutory records to ensure compliance with relevant legislation and regulation.
- Working with Divisional National Operations Managers, ensure each location manager is aware of their responsibilities and are provided with appropriate training to manage their responsibilities
- Maintain training logs to ensure H&S training is accurately recorded and reported. Work with Divisional National Operations Managers to enhance the existing training structures.
The ideal candidate will have the following skills, qualities and experience:
- NEBOSH Diploma or Equivalent
- Substantial experience working in a H&S management role, developing control frameworks and management systems to meet the changing needs of the business.
- Experience of managing Primary Authority relationships
- Previous experience of working in either a national retail or wholesale business
- Experience of working for a large national, fast paced, diverse organisation
- Experience of RIDDOR reporting and incident/accident investigation
- Experience of implementing and managing compliance LOLER, COSHH, PUWER regulations
- Substantial experience of devising and delivering health & safety training
- Experience of working with HSE and local authority investigations
- Thorough understanding of the health and safety legal framework and understanding of risk reduction and management systems.
- The ability to continually deliver accurate high quality work and reports, meeting all deadlines and required standards.
- Possess a strong internal customer focussed, business partnering approach to managing business relationships, working towards achieving common goals through teamwork.
- Ability to communicate effectively across all levels of the business in an appropriate format
- Maintain a high level of integrity with a professional image and a can-do approach
Role: National Health and Safety Manager
Job Type: Permanent, Full Time
Location: Basingstoke, Hampshire, Hampshire
Apply for this job now.