A new Hire Controller opportunity has arisen to join a rapidly growing plant hire company within the construction plant hire industry where you will be based near to Gravesend.
Hire Controller Job Role:
- As a Hire Controller, you will be dealing with customer site enquiries over the phone and emails, arranging the on and off hire of plant machinery and small tools.
- You will successfully convert any quotes or enquiries into orders by negotiating pricing and delivery schedules to maximise business.
- This may include x hiring, re hiring and sourcing equipment such as plant, powered access or tools from third party suppliers.
- Liaise with colleagues, other depots and procurement teams to ensure that equipment is successfully delivered at designated dates/times.
- You will be resolving any queries or claims that arise in a professional manner, ensuring all paperwork is completed and up to date.
To Be Successful as a Hire Controller
- You will have previous experience within the hire industry as a hire desk controller, hire desk advisor, rental manager, hire negotiator, hire coordinator, or hire and sales controller.
- It would be advantageous if you have previous buyer experience within the hire industry.
- PC literate with good attention to detail. You may have used Syrinx, Insphire or a similar CRM system
- Excellent communication skills with a clear telephone manner.
- Ability to work under pressure to set deadlines and prioritise tasks along with a confident and flexible attitude.
Benefits for the Hire Controller:
- Monday to Friday 8am - 5.30pm
- Up to £26k DOE
- 28 days holiday including bank holidays