The full-time position consists of designing cold-formed steel framing structures with minimum supervisor for the Project Manager or a Project Engineer Level III. Cold-formed steel framing structures would be low to mid-rise office buildings, medical facilities, retail centers, mixed-occupancy, residential complexes, and schools.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Prepare calculations and construction documents for the design of the cold formed steel framing structures assigned by a Project Manager and/or a Project Engineer Level III.
· Review project specifications and construction documents to identify the cold formed steel framing scope of work
· Assist draft technicians in producing construction documents
· Employ established engineering protocol and document control practices to produce cohesive and consistent submittal packages, and to guarantee on-time delivery of construction documents
· Demonstrate superior customer service by resolving technical questions professionally and promptly
· Perform occasional field inspections of cold formed steel framing construction when needed
· Other duties may be assigned as needed
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE, CERTIFICATIONS, REGISTRATIONS
· Educational experience requires a bachelor of science degree in Civil Engineering from an accredited college
· 3 to 5 years of residential and/or light commercial engineering design experience.
· E.I.T Certification required, Professional Engineering Certification is preferred but not required
Language: Effective verbal/written communication is a priority. Ability to read, analyze, and interpret technical journals/periodicals. Respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, vendors, and the public.
Computer: Strong working knowledge in MathCAD, Microsoft Office including, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. Some knowledge of latest AutoCAD software is extremely helpful. Demonstrate proficiency in latest structural analysis/design software (e.g. Enercalc, SAP, RISA, etc.)
Reasoning: Ability to solve problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
Other: Organizational and planning skills are a plus.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, and sit. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles, outside weather conditions, and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
California Expanded Metal Products Co., more commonly known as CEMCO, is the premier manufacturer of steel framing and metal lath products and accessories in the United States. CEMCO's manufacturing facilities are located in the Los Angeles, California; Pittsburg, California; Denver, Colorado, and Fort Worth, Texas.
Since 1974, CEMCO has taken a leadership role in the steel framing and metal lath industries by pursuing innovation at break-neck speed allowing for efficient, economical, and effective solutions for tomorrow's challenges. The latest is RC1-XTM, a new solution for high-end sound abatement resilient channels. Also available to all CEMCO customers is Safety Edge technology providing safer framing products for end users. CEMCO also manufactures FAS Track 1000 and slotted track for head-of-wall applications, Sure-Board for shear-walls, Sure-Span steel floor joists for commercial and mid-rise projects, the ProX Header and ProX R.O. Rough-Opening framing systems.
CEMCO is a proud member of the Steel Framing Industry Association (SFIA), the Steel Framing Alliance (SFA), amd ASTM. All of CEMCO's products are manufactured from mill-certified hot-dipped galvanized PRIME steel, giving the industry confidence CEMCO's products will perform as intended long after the project completion. CEMCO's Design and Structural Engineering and Technical Services Groups provide support to engineers and contractors before, during and even after a project is complete.
Role: Structural Project Engineer II
Apply for this job now.