Reading and Literacy Intervention Teaching Assistants
Milk Education are working with a number of Primary Schools in the South of Manchester who are seeking to recruit Reading and Literacy Intervention TA's to work on both a short and longer term basis, once schools re-open again in March. We are looking for strong and proactive Teaching Assistants who can really make a difference when supporting those pupils who need these catch-up sessions.
Working hours: Mon-Fri 8.30-3.30pm
Daily rate: £65-75 per day
You will be supporting small groups of children across both Key Stage 1 and 2 with their reading and writing to help bridge the gap in their learning due to the school closures. You will work closely with the class teacher to create a calm, nurturing environment and a tailored learning approach to help the development of the pupils.
• To support children with varied learning needs and progress levels
• Lead and implement Literacy and Guided Reading sessions to small groups of children
• You will track their development and feedback to the class teacher
Required Skills & Experience:
• You must have previous experience supporting pupils in KS2/KS1 classes and experience of delivering Literacy and Reading Interventions
• Certificate or qualification in CACHE L2/3, TA L2, 3 OR 4
The Milk Difference:
We are an environmentally-friendly education supply agency providing quality talent to local schools across the North West. Milk Education brings a fresh approach with traditional values to the Education Recruitment Sector.
• Excellent rates of pay.
• Direct links to local schools.
• Free Lesson Plans.
• Training support sessions.
• Video technology that will increase your chances of long term placements.
• Dedicated Consultants who will cater for your employment needs with 24/7 availability.
• Commitment to quality and safeguarding.
• 24/7 support for interview and lesson observation preparation.
Applicants will be subject to variety of checks including: an enhanced DBS check, full references, including from your most recent employer and eligibility to work in the UK. We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment.
We understand it is a difficult time right now whilst schools are closed, however we do anticipate a very high demand once Schools reopen again in February to help bridge the gap in children's learning.
For more information please call Steph on 0161 327 0001. All registrations are completed via an online video platform.