Elite Group is on the lookout for an experienced and highly motivated IT Project Engineer to assist with the implementation and design of IT infrastructure solutions for our customers.
You will be based remotely, but you will be required to travel to our Wrexham office where possible and also travel out to customer sites.
As our IT Project Engineer, you'll be responsible for implementing projects compromising of servers, storage, server virtualisation, backup, business continuity and the Microsoft server stack.
We are looking for those who can take a proactive lead in ensuring projects are installed and delivered on time and to the correct specification.
Working with the IT pre-sales consultancy team, you will get the chance to further your skills in projects and share your expertise with your broader team and peers.
Your day to day role will be varied, but ultimately you'll:
- Have responsibility for the implementation and delivery of IT infrastructure solutions
- Assist in the installation and configuration of hardware and software on Elite's hosted platform
- Carry out remote and onsite customer installations, meetings and site visits weekly or more with a high standard of professionalism
To succeed in this role, you will need:
- An excellent understanding of complex IT Infrastructure solutions, including LAN networks, server hardware, SAN storage, data backup systems and the Microsoft server stack
- A minimum level of Microsoft MCSE, VMware VCP, HPE ASE or equivalent
- Previous experience in designing and installing VMware server virtualisation solutions
- Excellent understanding and experience of network security, segregation, firewalls and encryption
- Experience with the Microsoft server stack of software, e.g. Windows Server, Active Directory, DHCP, DNS, SQL Server, Exchange Server etc. as well as Office365 components and services
If you have experience with IT project implementation, can work to strict deadlines and thrive in a pressurised IT support environment - this role could be a great fit for you.
Apply with your CV, and our Talent Acquisition team will be in touch.
Here at Elite, we always welcome individuality.
We guarantee that your differences will be valued and encouraged, because after all, that's what makes us a better Elite.
From diversity to creativity, we nurture every form of talent no matter your race, gender, age, religion, identity or experience. Our recruitment process ensures Diversity and Inclusion are more than just words, they are our guiding principles.