Location: Manchester, M28 3QN
Salary: Depending on skills and experience
Hours of Work: 42.5 hours per week Monday to Friday with a daily start time between 4am and 7am, and a finish time of between 2pm and 6pm with an hour for meal break, with daily working hours of 8.5 hours per day
About the Company:
The Adler and Allan Group provides market leading environmental risk reduction through preventative and responsive solutions offering an expert 24-7 service to our customers. We give our customers peace of mind in detecting and identifying the environmental risks posed to their business. Our broad range of risk mitigation products and services keep businesses strong, reducing the prospect of litigation, costly fines and bad publicity, as well as reducing the threat to the environment. In a world where the environment and legislation are in constant flux, we also provide emergency response in a variety of settings. Our customers include multinational blue-chip organisations across a wide range of sectors both private and public.
We are an ambitious team who are focused on growth, putting out customers at the heart of what we do, and we live our values of Safety, Service, Working Together, Wellbeing and Expertise. Our culture is can-do, fun and where everyone has a part to play. If you want to help businesses and protect the environment, this role could be for you. In return you will be rewarded with a great package, fantastic culture, challenging role and an opportunity for development and progression.
Normal hours of work are 42.5 hours per week Monday to Friday with a daily start time between 4am and 7am, and a finish time of between 2pm and 6pm with an hour for meal break, with daily working hours of 8.5 hours per day. The postholder will be required to satisfy overtime and call out requirements often with little or notice and regularly stay away from home overnight.
Electrical Engineer Responsibilities:
* Work at various locations throughout the UK undertaking new electrical installation works.
* Carry out a selection of minor civil/construction duties such as clearing cable routes, making holes in walls to enable you to carry out your electrical installation works.
* Testing of newly installed circuits/cabling and recording of results.
* Completion on test certification efficiently and submit for approval from the qualifying manager.
* Assist other Engineers as and when required.
* Responsibility for ensuring all equipment checks is undertaken prior to commencing any works.
* Ensure all uplifting and offloading of materials is undertaken in the correct and compliant manner with high regard for health and safety and correct working practices.
* Responsibility for ensuring the security of all Company equipment.
* Works to be carried out in accordance with health and safety to include provided RAMS documentation. The postholder holds full responsibility for reading and signing such documentation.
* The postholder will also be responsible for identifying repair work required.
* Liaison with customers on site to discuss on-going works and further services of the Company.
* Completion of all works paperwork and submission in a timely manner to divisional staff.
* Liaison with Line manager / office staff regarding all works and recommending improvements of possible opportunities.
* This list is not exhaustive and the postholder will be required to undertake additional tasks for which they are suitably qualified and experienced to undertake.
Electrical Engineer Requirements:
* Ability to perform all tasks associated with the role, possessing a wide range of electrical knowledge and experience
* 2 or more years experience in a similar role
* Experience of completing RAMS documentation
* C&G 2330 or equivalent, NVQ Level 3[KS1] and C&G 2391 or equivalent.
* The ability to work both independently and as part of a team
* IT literate and able to use Microsoft office.
* Demonstrate a willingness to undertake any additional training to increase capability of the Electrical services team in supplying a service to customers.
* Clean full UK Driving Licence (Due to the travel associated with this role)
Electrical Engineer Benefits:
* Free onsite parking
* Pension scheme
* Refer a friend scheme
* Company awards with prizes
* Regular opportunities for training and development
* 21 days holiday + bank holidays
* Progression opportunities
* Competitive salary, negotiable depending on experience and qualifications
* All uniform/workwear provided
* Specialist and power tools provided
If you think that you are suitable for this Electrical Engineer role, please apply now!
Role: Electrical Engineer
Job Type: Permanent
Apply for this job now.