The Austin Company is looking for a talented Project Manageer to join the Irvine office. The Project Manager provides overall management of one or more specific architectural/engineering projects to ensure that the client receives a facility designed, engineered within the scope of the contracts to meet their needs on time and within budgets. The Project Manager is the liaison between Austin and the client and coordinates all aspects of the project including engineering, accounting and estimating. The Project Manager also handles all contractual matters after the engineering contract is signed. This includes processing of change orders, preparing and reviewing the monthly job condition statements and resolving disputes with clients regarding contractual issues.
TYPICAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Participates in project estimating and proposal preparation to the extent required.
· Enters all information for meeting minutes and change orders in Procore.
· Reviews assigned project(s) after awarded to Austin to help define project scope, assist in determining work packages, and to help develop schedules, and budgets.
· Has regular contact with the client representative to obtain the more detailed information required to assure that engineering decisions on project/implementation meet client operational needs and are in line with the contractual scope of work.
· Establishes Austin-client liaison network to keep all interested parties informed of project planning, start date, completion date and work progress.
· Documents all changes in scope, see that the client understands the consequent changes in cost and time and that the client authorizes the changes, then coordinates all changes between Engineering departments.
· Submits documents to Federal, state, and local authorities for code compliance review and obtains the various permits required.
· Holds regularly scheduled project progress review meetings to ensure that:
Þ A project contract’s terms, conditions, and specifications are being met.
Þ Project personnel adhere to federal and state regulatory requirements and company policies.
Þ Delays and cost overruns, at best, are entirely avoided, or, at worst, kept to a minimum.
Þ Manpower, equipment, materials, and quality problems are recognized for timely intervention and resolution.
Þ On-site supervision maintains staff morale and interacts appropriately with client counterparts.
Þ Information for progress billing purposes is submitted correctly and on time.
· Meets with client management periodically during a project’s term to resolve issues and at a project’s completion to obtain final client approvals.
· Maintains a continuing business relationship with major clients as part of ongoing business development efforts.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
Normally requires a 4-year degree in Architecture and typically 10-15 years’ experience in design or engineering and/or field construction (or equivalent working knowledge/experience). Professional Registration is preferred. Prior job assignments typically include project engineering or project architect responsibilities.
The Austin Company is a well established 141 year old design-build firm headquartered in Cleveland, Ohio. Austin is recognized as one of the worlds preeminent designers, engineers and constructors of efficient commercial and industrial operations. We approach small, intermediate and large projects with the same concern, commitment and responsiveness. We deliver innovative but pragmatic solutions to complex facility problems; and consistently satisfy stringent schedule, budget and quality requirements.
Role: A/E Project Manager
Apply for this job now.