1:1 Teaching Assistant - ASD
March 2021 start date
£70 - £85 per day
Salary is dependent on experience, training or qualifications. The minimum experience, training or qualifications required for this position are relevant experience with Autism.
This is a long-term role on a full-time basis however part time could be considered to start in March.
Vision for Education is seeking to appoint a full time 1:1 Teaching Assistant - ASD to join our successful supply support team and to work in a local specialist setting in Kirklees. This will be a full time One to One role working with a specific young learner with Autism. Although this can be an extremely challenging role it's also very rewarding. One to One Support workers play an important role in helping to create structure and a positive experience in the students' academic learning therefore we are looking for a committed, hardworking Support Worker to join the team.
The school specialises in catering for students with Special Educational Needs and have a driven and successful teaching and management team. This specialist setting caters for students from KS2 - KS5 in a specialist setting adapted to the needs of the students. Some students may require help with personal care needs.
To be considered for the 1:1 Teaching Assistant - ASD role, you will:
- Have experience in the last 2 years working with Autism that we can gain references from
- Be team teach trained or willing to attend our course, free of charge
- Be passionate and hard working
Vision for Education is committed to safeguarding children, young people and vulnerable adults. We take our responsibilities extremely seriously. All staff we register will undertake thorough interviewing and referencing checks and hold, or be prepared to undergo, an Enhanced DBS check that must be registered on the Update Service.
About Vision for Education
Vision for Education is a market-leading education recruitment and supply agency committed to the learning and development of young people. We are an employer of choice for high-quality primary, secondary and SEND teaching and support staff. We have branches across the country, and we are part of the world-renowned education company Tes Global.
What Vision for Education offer
As a valued employee of Vision for Education, you will receive:
- Excellent daily rates paid weekly by our in-house Payroll team using the Pay As You Earn (PAYE) system.
- Guaranteed pay scheme (to commence when schools re-open, subject to availability and qualifying criteria).
- Pension contributions (subject to a qualifying period).
- Full compliance with AWR (Agency Workers' Regulations), to make sure you get the pay and working conditions you are entitled to.
- FREE training to help with your professional development such as Team Teach, Autism Awareness and an online Educare training package.
- Generous refer a friend or colleague bonus scheme.
- Access to a dedicated consultant, who will provide ongoing support.
How to apply
If you are a 1:1 Teaching Assistant - ASD who can enthuse, motivate and engage students and would like the challenge of working in a demanding and rewarding environment, then we want to hear from you.