Be involved with a progressive Nashville mid-town firm that is committed to being the intellectual property leader when it comes to technical expertise and breadth of knowledge. As a mid-sized firm of 16 lawyers able to handle large cases, they give extensive attention to their clients’ needs and the uniqueness of each intellectual property case. We take the invested, intellectual approach that IP protection requires.
Successful candidates will have three to five years of litigation experience as a paralegal, with ABA certification. Intellectual property litigation experience is preferred, but exceptions may be made.
IP Litigation Paralegal duties include:
· Knowledge of State and Federal Court practices and procedures, fees, and electronic filing procedures.
· Assists with final formatting and filing of paper and electronic court submissions including pleadings, motions, or briefs for filing with US State and Federal Courts.
· Proofreads and edits prepared documents for accuracy, checking documents for spelling, typographical errors, and grammar as well as ensuring all necessary documents contain accurate information for identification purposes.
· Oversees litigation docket of upcoming deadlines for busy litigation team and takes ownership of litigation calendar. Works as a seamless team member to ensure all litigation dates are docketed and attended.
· Prepare briefing binders and other materials for case-specific needs.
· May exercise considerable judgment and discretion in completing assignments with the ability to work with little supervision, be efficient in time management and prioritizing workload.
· Other duties as may be assigned.
Qualified candidate will possess the following qualities:
· Excellent organizational skills, time management skills and the ability to multi-task a high volume of time-sensitive responsibilities.
· Superior attention to detail and very well organized. Must demonstrate ability to multi-task.
· Team mentality with willingness to assist other staff and attorneys in the firm and colleagues when needed.
· Excellent communication and client service skills, as well as ability to work under pressure.
· Must have advanced proficiency in MS Word, Outlook, Excel. Facility with litigation support software a plus.
· Ability to quickly learn and use Patterson’s practice management software.
Education/Experience - Bachelor’s degree preferred, ABA approved paralegal certificate required.
Physical Demands – Largely a sedentary role; some lifting & moving of files/ boxes (up to 20 lbs.) is necessary.
Expected Hours of Work – This is a full-time, non-exempt position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. with an hour lunch break.
Kingery & Associates represents the Client firm recruiting the qualified candidate to present to that client.
Role: PARALEGAL - LITIGATION/INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY
Apply for this job now.