Steiner Studios is an award-winning, state-of-the-art film and television production facility at the Brooklyn Navy Yard. Steiner Studios is one of the largest studios east of Los Angeles and at full buildout will be over 1.6 million square feet on 60 acres.
Steiner Studios is seeking an experienced Bookkeeper who is extremely organized and detailed oriented with a strong ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks simultaneously in a fast-paced work environment. The ideal candidates must display sound judgement and professionalism while under high pressure, high volume, deadline driven settings. Candidates must possess strong analytical, reconciliation, problem solving skills and the ability to communicate and interface effectively with all levels of staff. This position demands the highest level of ethical conduct.
- Process high volume accounts payable and receivables while ensuring accuracy.
- Correspond and interface with customers, vendors and management regarding account inquiries.
- Review all invoices for accuracy, appropriate documentation and obtain approvals prior to payment and attach delivery tickets.
- Create, track and maintain purchase orders by matching to invoice and delivery tickets for multiple companies.
- Compile receipts for credit card payments and enter monthly activity.
- Apply customer payments and attach corresponding invoices to customer checks.
- Prepare, respond, resolve vendor and customer inquiries and discrepancies.
- Analyze accounts, making adjustments as needed.
- File, copy and archive accounting files.
- Special projects as needed.
- Act as liaison between intercompany departments.
- Strong problem solving, reconciliation and analytical skills.
- Results driven.
- Ability to pivot between tasks and responsibilities easily.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
This position operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
The employee is occasionally required to sit, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and move objects up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 9:00 a.m. to 6 p.m.
No travel is expected for this position.
Required Education and Experience
- Associates degree.
- 3 years previous experience.
- Proficient in QuickBooks.
- Mastery of Excel.
Pay and Benefits
- Full-time salary based on previous experience
- Medical, Dental and Vision insurance plans
- Paid vacation/holiday/sick/personal time
- SIMPLE IRA plan
Powered by JazzHR