Accounts Payable ClerkCompensation:
$21.00 to $23.00 hourly
Robert Half is searching through applicants for a skilled Accounts Payable (A/P) Clerk that thrives in a fast-paced environment and looking for a long-term contract / temporary position at a well-established company in the Education - University industry. The Senior Expense Specialist will update and reconcile sub-ledger to G/L, process checks, process expense reports, resolve A/P issues, and match, batch, and code invoices. An individual in this position will need a high aptitude for computer software, be mindful of details and a self motivator. Located in Manchester, New Hampshire, the Senior Expense Specialist will be a long-term contract / temporary opening. Option to be partially remote.
Your responsibilities in this role
- Execute additional tasks as needed
- Support the AP/Finance Department by completing administrative tasks
- Open, organize, and distribute department mail daily
- Ensure compliance with company policies while carrying out daily processes and controls accurately and on time
- Maintain proper storage of invoices, checks, and other documents by organizing, logging, scanning, and filing them
- Provide support to internal business partners
- Manage the process of verifying, logging, and mailing checks, including expediting special handling
- Operate full-cycle A/P
- Provide support during internal and external auditsJob Requirements:
- Well-founded grasp of customer service
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Programs
- Solid understanding of Complete Expense Reports
- Experience with Credit Cards
- Proven knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Expense Analysis experience preferred
- Accounts Payable (AP) experience preferred
- Prior experience in an A/P role preferred
- Observant, accurate and able to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- AA or BS/BA degree in Accounting, Business or similar preferred
- Demonstrated communication, customer service, and interpersonal skills, especially with both technical and financial backgrounds
- Competent with spreadsheets and databases
Accountemps, a Robert Half Company, matches skilled accounting and finance professionals with remote or on-site jobs on a temporary and temporary-to-hire basis. Our experienced staffing professionals can promote you to employers and advocate on your behalf. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. For more opportunities, get the Robert Half app and receive instant notifications when our AI matches your skills and experience with jobs.
When you work with us, you’re working with the best. Robert Half has been recognized as one of FORTUNE’s “Most Admired Companies” every year since 1998 and was named to Forbes’ inaugural list of America’s Best Temporary Staffing Firms.
Questions? Call your local office at 1.888.490.3195. All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Benefits are available to temporary professionals. Visit https://roberthalf.gobenefits.net/ for more information.