COMPANY: BROOKFIELD ASSET MANAGEMENT
JOB TYPE: Permanent, FullTime
SALARY: Competitive base & bonus
Brookfield is a global alternative asset manager with over $500 billion in assets under management. We have over a 120-year history of owning and operating assets with a focus on property, renewable power, infrastructure and private equity. Brookfield is a global organization with over 100,000 employees and operations in 30 countries in 5 continents. Brookfield is co-listed on the New York and Toronto Stock Exchanges under the symbol BAM and on NYSE Euronext under the symbol BAMA.
For more information, please visit our web site at #removed#
Our asset management business consists of 5 business groups (Real Estate, Infrastructure, Power, Private Equity, and Public Securities) in addition to the Global Manager group which covers the corporate functions.
As one of the world's largest investors in real estate, we own and operate iconic properties in the world's most dynamic markets. Our global portfolio includes office, retail, multifamily, logistics, hospitality, self-storage, triple net lease, manufactured housing and student housing assets on five continents.
The incumbent is a key member of the BPG’s European team, reporting directly to the Head of European Portfolio Management with informal reporting lines to the Head of BPG Europe and the Global COO of Office.
The incumbent is accountable for portfolio management matters pertaining to office investments in Europe. The position will require the candidate to be an effective partner with Brookfield Properties, Canary Wharf Group and other external operating partners to drive investment performance, generate value, and be a trusted resource on all financial and operational matters.
The incumbent will frequently interact with various asset managers, leasing heads and finance teams within Brookfield’s office portfolio companies, and Senior Executives within the Brookfield organization (in particular with the BPG Head of Europe and the Global Head of Office). The successful candidate will have excellent communication skills, be detail-oriented, possesses a high degree of intellectual curiosity, be business savvy, and has a strong finance/valuations foundation.
- Act as main point of contact on forecasting, financial, and performance queries; will act as a liaison to various internal groups noted above
- Implement key short-term and long-term business plan objectives, focusing on driving asset performance through collaboration with the asset managers as needed, and managing consultants and third parties
- Perform financial analysis, performance tracking against business plans, and ongoing review of all metrics
- Assist in managing the relationships with tenants
- Attend all monthly leasing calls, and review and approve HOTs or underlying leases agreements for all major or strategic leases within the portfolio;
- Identify ways to improve and streamline processes
- Attend and present to Portfolio Company Board on a quarterly basis, identifying risks in forecasts and recommending solutions to address in advance
- Play critical role in key strategic transactions, including providing underwriting input on new acquisitions, preparing assets for disposition, and overseeing the execution of major capital expenditures projects
- Work closely with Brookfield Capital Markets team on all financing and lender reviews, taking a lead role in lender negotiation and execution of refinancing’s
- Manage process for, and provide recommendations on, all approval requests coming from the Portfolio Company management teams up to the Board.
- Work closely with Brookfield investment team and lead transition of all new acquisitions into Brookfield Properties or Canary Wharf asset management platform.
- Fundamental understanding of office property operations and leasing
- Demonstrated leadership abilities and a collaborative approach. Ability to motivate and engage experienced team members.
- Being self-motivated and pro-active, with respect to both managing workload and professional development
- Superior communication skills (oral and written) and interpersonal skills, including comfort interacting and providing recommendations to Senior executives and the ability to develop relationships with operating companies. Manage tough conversations.
- Willingness to take on special projects, and lay the foundation for the platform’s growth
- Ability to work in a dynamic, fast-paced environment, to adapt quickly and to manage changing priorities
- Excellent organizational skills, and planning abilities.
- This position will be based out of London, and will require travel across Europe.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or Business
- The ideal candidate will have significant experience in office operations
- Experience working in leasing or asset management across multiple European countries, with a preference for the UK, Germany, France, the Netherlands and Spain
- Experience working in an investment capacity