Job Type: Entry Level / Seasonal
Start Date: ASAP
Hours: Seasonal - 30-40 hours +/- per week, possible PT/FT past holidays
Job ID: ELFCA180911 (No phone calls or office visits please. No staffing agencies.)
Description: At Current Pixel, we digitize film, video tapes, photos, audio recordings and other recorded memories and historical assets for families and businesses. The digital files we create can then be easily accessed and enjoyed on modern devices that our clients already use every day.
The Front Counter Associate is responsible for greeting and interacting with customers, explaining our services, providing pricing, answering/screening/directing calls, shipping/receiving customer orders and equipment, and ringing up customer orders.
Customers’ orders typically contain media items such as video tapes, movie film, records, audio cassettes, photos, slides, negatives and other audio/video storage media and devices. The Front Counter Associate will be trained to properly identify and understand each of the various media types and understand our various service offerings.
The ideal candidate will enjoy and excel at interacting with customers, have a solid work history, especially in customer service positions, and at least have some interest in family history, photography, videography, photo editing or audio/video editing. This position requires a mature, responsible individual with an excellent work ethic, extreme attention to detail, and ability to multi-task for long periods of time.
This is currently a seasonal position that needs to be filled ASAP, and would need to be filled through the end of the year. Extension of the position will be examined at the end of the year.
- Strong customer service experience, preferably with a customer-centric organization (e.g. Starbucks, Chick-fil-A, Apple, Trader Joe's)
- Solid work history
- Professional appearance and presentation
- Ability to easily engage with customers
- Outgoing personality and positive attitude
- Able to work every week day in November (except for Thanksgiving & the day after) and in December through 12/24
- Ability to learn and then clearly explain our services, pricing and basic media and technical concepts to clients in person, on the phone and via email
- Excellent verbal and written skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong work ethic
- Very detail oriented
- Extremely organized
- Strong initiative
- Highly reliable
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong internet research skills
- Excellent listening & comprehension skills
- Ability to thrive in a rapid-paced environment where multi-tasking is key
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Experience with modern Windows OS versions
- Ability to lift containers up to 25 lbs., including putting on and taking off of overhead shelves
- Excellent vision and hearing
- Familiarity, or desire to learn, audio/video/photo editing
- Familiarity with historical methods for event capture such as film photography, filmography, videography, audio recording, etc.
- Technical support or customer support experience
- Experience explaining, supporting or selling A/V equipment/services, media/creative services or other technology
- Solid understanding and efficient usage of modern Mac OS versions
At Current Pixel, we digitize film, video tapes, photos, audio recordings and other recorded memories and historical assets for families and businesses. The digital files we create can then be easily accessed and enjoyed on modern devices that our clients already use every day.
Role: Front Counter Associate / Image Editor
Location: Sandy Springs,
Apply for this job now.