Research Analyst / Statistician
SEARCH Group Partners, a premier recruiting firm, is looking for an experienced Research Analyst / Statistician for our client, The International Academy of Emergency Dispatch located in Salt Lake City, UT
The IAED is a premier research and standards-setting organization in the field of Public Safety and Public Health. A major part of our mission is to conduct original research on emergency dispatch, emergency telecommunications, public health, public safety, emergency communication telephone nursing and telephone nurse triage, and EMS response. We work with public safety and public health professionals, including researchers, EMS physician medical directors, fire, police and 911 center administrators in many countries around the world. IAED, through its Research and Informatics division has continued to publish studies in various respected high impact peer-reviewed scientific journals, including its own-the Annals of Emergency Dispatch & Response (AEDR).
Here are a few things you'll likely find yourself doing in this role...
- As we continue to expand the dispatch research agenda, we are seeking to recruit a full-time Research Analyst/Statistician to participate in the design and production of dispatch research studies. The successful candidate will spend the majority of his/her time (40 hours/week) working with a diverse team of IAED researchers and other stakeholders (such as dispatch agencies and healthcare providers, internationally) to design and conduct research studies, including analyzing dispatch data, interpreting findings and publishing. Specific responsibilities include:
- Development of research study proposals and submission to the Institutional Review Board (IRB) for review and approval.
- Design of data acquisition tools their implementation for data collection.
- Use of structured query techniques (e.g., SQL, MySQL) to manipulate data from large relational databases, involving dispatch datasets and other public health datasets.
- Use of statistical analysis software (e.g., STATA, R) to develop sophisticated analytics procedures to enable researchers to achieve defined study hypotheses and objectives.
- Collaboration with dispatch research teams to collect, analyze, and interpret study findings and produce publishable papers.
- Use of data modeling techniques to develop predictive models to optimize the efficacy of medical, fire, and police dispatch protocols.
- Support IAED's clients/agencies and other stakeholders in their research and statistical requirements, as an when needed.
- Lead and mentor junior research analytics/statistical staff.
- Presenting research work at meetings and international conferences.
Here's what you need to have...
- Graduate educational background (MS minimum highly preferred) from an accredited university, with specialization/degree in public health, math, statistics, or informatics.
- At least one year of experience with medical, public health, or other clinical data—field experience in a healthcare or emergency setting preferred.
- Proficiency with at least one analytical software such as STATA, SAS, SPSS, R, etc.
- Proficiency with relational databases/database management
- Ability to work effectively with a research team and other stakeholders such as international dispatch agencies and healthcare providers.
- Attention to detail
- Self-motivated, able to work independently, under strict deadlines
- Ability to communicate effectively with people from diverse backgrounds and in diverse fields.
About SEARCH Group Partners:
SGP provides professional talent acquisition and consulting services. The services we offer include temporary, temporary-to-hire, permanent placement, executive search, consulting, interim management transitions, on-site solutions, outsourcing, talent development and human resources. SGP believes in and understands the importance of investing time into both our clients and candidates. We know what it takes to forge successful, professional, long-lasting relationships and partnerships. We represent an exclusive network of professionals and take the time to get to know every one of our clients and candidates personally.
At SEARCH Group Partners, we celebrate and support diversity and are proud to be an Equal Opportunity & Affirmative Action employer. In order to comply with federal regulations, we maintain records of the race and gender of applicants. For this reason and this reason only, we ask that you indicate your gender, race and ethnicity. If you do choose to answer these questions, this information will not affect your being considered for employment opportunities for which you are qualified.
SEARCH Group Partners (SGP) is a premier boutique recruiting firm, with offices in Utah and southern California. SGP provides professional talent acquisition and consulting services. The services we offer include temporary, temporary-to-hire, permanent placement, executive search, consulting, interim management transitions, on-site solutions, outsourcing, talent development and human resources.
SGP believes in and understands the importance of investing time into both our clients and candidates. We know what it takes to forge successful, professional, long-lasting relationships and partnerships. We represent an exclusive network of professionals and take the time to get to know every one of our clients and candidates personally. We are committed to matching the right talent with the right job opportunity. Our customized searches and individual attention is dedicated to the following niches:
Accounting & Finance
Office & Administrative
Marketing & Creative
Executive & Senior Management
Human Resource Consulting
Role: Research Analyst / Statistician
Location: Salt Lake,
Apply for this job now.