The primary responsibility of this position is to serve as a front end to pre-sale of the Company’s automation solutions including the generation of quotations and meeting with customers to ensure the scope and specification of the project. This position quotes robotic welding and material handling solutions, dedicated welding and assembly machines.
- Relocation Package
- Very High Pay
- Family Oriented Environment
- Laid-Back Work Atmosphere
- Company-Contributed Medical
- Company-Contributed Dental
- Company-Contributed Vision
- Company-Contributed 401(K)
- Company-Contributed Life
- Evaluate technical content of complex potential projects and develop tooling/system concepts for processing of customer assemblies.
- Determine feasibility of complex customer applications (welding or other) and complete application engineering tasks in a timely manner.
- Provide technical support to Sales, Engineering and Project Management departments.
- Accurately estimate material and labor costs required to produce the proposed equipment in a profitable manner.
- Estimate process, machinery and operator load/unload cycle times.
- Generate and review complex quotations for content and accuracy.
- Provide process expertise for Sales and Customer Support departments.
- Generate and present technical presentations to customers.
- Demonstrate understanding of the nature of the industry served and the available market.
- Exhibit a whole company perspective relative to system and solution specific opportunities.
- Assist engineers and other technical staff in design and development of products, systems, processes and equipment by analyzing technical challenges and working in accordance with customer specifications.
- When necessary, travel to the customer’s site to assist in project or product development, working with engineering design specifications, objectives and standards.
- Attend post-project review meetings for the purpose of analyzing the successes and failures of projects with respect to profitability and technical satisfaction.
- BS degree in Engineering (or equivalent).
- Experience with automation equipment and tooling.
- Experience with robotic welding (arc, laser, resistance) and material handling applications
- Knowledge of AutoCAD and Microsoft Office software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access and Outlook)
- Demonstrated skills with technical writing, communication and customer relations.
- Self-motivated, able to act independently to set and manage priorities.
- Adaptability in handling changing work priorities and customer requirements.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple projects and priorities.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, strong math skills and the ability to handle both simple tasks and complex assignments.
- High energy level and flexibility to manage job demands outside of traditional business hours.
- Ability to travel up to 15%.
Tennessee Rand, a subsidiary of Lincoln Electric, is a full-service automation integrator. We provide engineering, machining, and integrated robotic systems with core competencies in advanced welding system design, high-quality weld fixtures, robotic integration, process automation, and ongoing service and support.
Purpose: Provides technical support, creates new programs, and researches new avenues of technological improvement and advancement for all automated systems. The senior programmer will also test and debug source code, provide onsite technical support and field service for customers.
Role: Electrical Engineer - Robotics - MIG Welding - Relocation Package!
Apply for this job now.