Our client a global tech firm is seeking an Cisco SD WAN Engineer to join their team in various locations (JHB, DBN, CPT, East London, PE). They offer stability, growth, attractive salary along with excellent benefits and a great working environment.
The Cisco SD WAN Engineer will be responsible for deploying and managing a Software-Defined Network (SDN) in order to meet our business needs. This role is essential as we are looking to evolve into a more agile organization that can respond quickly to new market demands, changing technologies or evolving customer needs. The Cisco SDWAN engineer must have the ability to analyze current network design and determine how changes should take place in order to achieve the desired outcome. The engineer must also be able to plan, develop, implement and maintain an effective network solution by utilizing software tools such as Meraki's Managed Service Templates (MSTs), PowerPath networks, Viptela Networks & others. The successful candidate will be working on multiple.
- Designs, builds, implements and manages secure networks that are optimized for business operations.
- Provides the design of SDN and related technologies in a network; and offers recommendations based on best practice standards.
- Provides services to enable integration of SDN technologies with existing networking hardware, software and processes.
- Interfaces with project sponsors, project Manages the overall Cisco SD WAN environment by utilizing networking, system administration, and other related skills.
- The Cisco SD WAN Engineer is responsible for implementing complex network solutions that optimize, secure and manage data across connected networks.
- Prepares and implements performance analysis, design, implementation and testing of Cisco SDWAN solutions.
- Manages and monitors all aspects of a Cisco SDWAN solution from start to finish.
- Provides technical expertise to support and maintain the organization's connectivity to the internet.
- Relevant Bachelor's degree or Diploma in Computer Science, Networking.
- 5 years of experience in the SDWAN area required.
- Must have worked in an SDWAN environment at least two years and have experience with firewall management and configuration.
- At least 5 years of experience in network design and implementation, with a minimum of 3 years as a Cisco Senior Engineer.