An energetic Operations Manager / Manufacturing Manager / Production Manager required to oversee all production, purchasing, planning and technical aspects of an SME specialising in the development and manufacture of technical materials.
BASIC SALARY: £60,000 - £65,000
COMMUTABLE LOCATIONS: Preston, Wigan, Bury, Manchester, Blackburn
JOB DESCRIPTION: Operations Manager / Manufacturing Manager / Production Manger - technical materials
This is a great opportunity for an experienced Operations Manager to support the owners and take total responsibility for this small but effective manufacturing site (c40 staff). We are in a period of change seeing sharp growth, developing new markets and new products but need expert guidance to allow us to continue to move forward and grow.
The manufacturing site is unique in that it has been successfully run for many years by a management team without a Managing Director. The owners are involved in directing the business but are not on site so you will need to be independent and take responsibility as if it was your own operation.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES: Operations Manager / Manufacturing Manager / Production Manager - technical materials
As Operations Manager, reporting to the Owners you will have the following responsibilities:
· Leadership in a high-quality technical manufacturing unit that is undergoing change
· Responsibility for regulatory compliance and safety
· Responsibility for delivering the strategic plan
· Managing the introduction of new technologies
· Work with employees to maximise efficiency, improve productivity whilst ensuring a healthy work/life balance
· Responsibility for CAPEX investment and implementation
· Have knowledge of OEE, 5S, Kanban or Kaizen
· Oversee the company's quality plan in association with the Technical Manager
· Responsibility for Health & Safety
· Responsibility for the Business Continuity Plan and working with the CFO on all operational finance issues
· Responsibility for local HR issues
· Responsibility for the production, procurement, and planning of daily operations.
· Communication with all relevant employees to ensure delivery times and targets are met on a cost-effective basis
PERSON SPECIFICATION: Operations Manager / Manufacturing Manager / Production Manager - technical materials
· The ideal candidate must have excellent time management skills and a proven track record of setting and meeting ambitious goals in the manufacturing industry.
· We're looking for a candidate with considerable managerial experience who can recruit new talent, allocate both human and material resources efficiently and communicate and coordinate with other departments on time-sensitive projects.
· You will need to be an experienced General Manager, Operations Manager, Manufacturing Manager, Production Director or have held a similar senior position in a manufacturing environment, ideally involved in making a variety of products.
· Key competencies include: business negotiation, organisation, decision-making and conflict management and a refined ability to delegate responsibilities and provide leadership.
We are a leading brand of specialist insulation materials in the UK. Recently we launched a range of new products within the cool chain transportation sector for the Pharmaceutical and Perishable global markets.
INTERESTED? Please click